Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office remote SIP extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjorge74185

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2010
MX
Hi everyone,

I have an Avaya IP Office 9.0.3 and drytech as my router/firewall I want to start using remote SIP extensions, I've opened the 5060 port on TCP/UDP and made the necessary changes at the IP Office in Network Topology, the extension get registered, and the incoming and outgoing calls connect well, but there is no voice, do you guys know if am I missing something, maybe RTP port range, CODECS, etc.

I hope you guys can helpme out!

Thanks!

Jorge

First of all : this setup is a VERY bad idea, your system will be hacked in no time.
Second : you should forward all incoming UDP traffic from the WAN adresses the phones reside on ports 49152 upto 53246 to IP Office, which is a bad idea as well.
Two advises to you : Use VPN connections and/or use a SBC.

What intrigrant said, I would even put the bad in capital letter with a few more A's in it.

Follow his advise and you won't end up paying for someone calling their family in Africa.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

hahahaha, okay I will, maybe you are right, I'd better go for VPN conexion.

Thankyou guys!

Edit: Meant reply for a different thread regarding sip security, pasted in the wrong window [dazed] .

I don't know what this has to do with the topic since it was concerning activating remote SIP extensions.

If you don't have "SIP Registrar" enabled on the interface you shouldn't be able to register a SIP device towards IPO.
If it's enabled and there is a valid SIP extension in the IPO someone could always find and use it, your provider only allowing your IP won't help since they then will make the call from the PBXs IP.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back