Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Rel 11.0 with SIP trunks outgoing call issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
We recently switched a US based customer with an Avaya IP Office Rel 11.0 to NexVortex SIP trunks. Incoming calls work fine.
But we are having an issue with some outgoing calls. Most go through fine, but a few to numbers of certain carriers are rejecting the calls.
It's the same few numbers that do not go through that the customer is calling. They hear a beep and the call disconnects. System status shows the call connected for about 2 seconds, then it disconnects. The carrier of one of the called numbers is telling NexVortex that there is a * in the outgoing header from the PBX. NexVortex is telling us to change the header. Below is the email I received from them....

"The terminating party is sending the BYE message on those calls. Not sure if perhaps the user part of the From header in the SIP URI Invite contains * . If you could change this header to a valid phone number with 11-digit (example 1779xxxxxxx). Have them test again. While you are at it, you may want to change the display name of the From header as well."

So I'm not sure where this needs to be added. My tech that programmed this is on vacation, so I was hoping someone could help point me in the right spot in Manager to add this. I find no * anywhere like they say is in the SIP URI.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sure I could send you the config to view. How should I send that to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back