Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya ip office R8.03 licences 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzussy

Technical User
Jun 18, 2012
SI
I have:
-20 endpoint linceses + 5 endpoint licences on avaya IP500 (R 8)
-22 avaya 1608 phones and 2 avaya 1616 phones connected

problem:
There is always only 20 phones or less registered, other 4 are searching for dhcp forever (vlan 80). And if one phone gets disconnected, one of the others connect.
I dont have the authority to look the switch code but it "should" be programed correctly.

any suggestions what/where could be the fault?
thak you

Sounds like the DHCP scope is limited to 20 addresses, what does the DHCP for the handsets? This is not licence related, they still connect but then come up saying unlicenced :)

Hi dzussy,
You didn't mention if you assigned iP addresses or not. Personally, I'd rather not roll that DHCP dice. I tend to nail everything down as much as possible. This network here only has about 4 DHCP addresses to play with. Me happy, most things work great. Phone start-up after power fail is much faster. Nothing but good stuff.

-Chris

thanks for help....next thing i will try to manualy assign IPs and i will let you know.
i have another question:
-how can i setup user (partnership) that when phone A rings and user of phone B answers. That phone A has missed call on list (or. in phone manager / one-xportal).

Hi dzussy,
Where did you get to with your hunting phones?

That was easy for me to answer, but your next question is beyond me. I still have to finish these courses. As for DHCP, that's risky I think. Just about any device can grab a DHCP served address, and it doesn't have to be a phone. Even appliances people are playing with can take an address, like a micro-controller eval kit for example. Not many people would think to include these things in their search for rogue devices. The list goes on for wired devices. If you are losing IP addresses to a wireless device, then shame on you! I only have allowed 3 or 4 DHCP addresses here, and I know where to look for them. If it's not nailed down, or visiting short term, I don't want to give it access to my network. That isn't a bad policy to keep.

Anyone want to jump in here for the SMDR type question?

-Chris

If you want to find out what devices are on your network and what addresses they have try this tool:

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Hi kholladay,
Yes. That has been my #1 go to tool for years now. I just love this one, and you can set it to only look for a certain port, which cuts down the list.

I'm going to download the newest, since mine is a good 5 years old at at least now!

-Chris

Come on guys, this is basic stuff.
When a phone get an IPaddress and the other one not and you swap them and the same happens but the otherway round then do some thinking.
Do not assume ever that someone else did not make a mistake because everybody can and does make mistakes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back