Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP office R7 with 1140E Nortel Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotic101

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
CA
I'm pretty new to the avaya system. I have worked with nortel equipment for about 11 years but it has all been with option11c,60,80's and meridian mail, so please bare with me.Ok I have done all the firmware updates to the 1140E to make it sip compatible. I have the phone logged in and I can make calls and receive calls. I'm just not sure about a few things. First there is a send button that needs to be pushed every time you want to make a call. Is this because its coming up as a basic phone. I have added second appearances on the phone which do not come up. Just wondering if I have to buy IPO LIC 3RD PARTY IP ENDPOINT to make this phone a fully functional one. any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Hyp.

PS, there is also a redial button but when pushed it says the feature is not supported. Again is this because i'm running under a basic license.
thanks again.

You need to build a dialplan file for the phone. it's called 11xxdialplan.txt. I don't recall if the file is included in the Manager directory or if I built it manually. The format for the file is in the documentation for the phones IIRC.

The phones will use a standard Avaya IP phone endpoint license. No 3rd party license needed.

You only get one appearance of the DN on the phone. Go under telephony, and check call waiting on and you can get multiple calls to the phone. Make sure the file server is set to memory card if you want the button programming to download to the phones.

Regarding redial, you need to add a Last Number Redial shortcode. Pick an unused code, doesn't matter what, and assign the feature last number redial. You can use *999 if you like. There has to be a last number redial shortcode in the system for the redial button to work.

A lot of these items have been resolved in release 8. The integration has gotten better than it was in 6.1 and 7.0.

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. Like I said its a lot different from what I'm used to. Again thanks for the info.

Here is what I've used as the 11xxdialplan.txt file. Modify it as you see fit.

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/* */
/* Avaya 1100-series IP Deskphone Dial Plan */
/* */
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/* Domain used in the dialed URL of the SIP INVITE message */
$n="192.168.1.10"
$t=300
%%
/* DIGITMAP: 12 digits starting with 9 followed by an initial 1 */
(9[1]x{10})|(9[1]x{10})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: 8 digits starting with 9 */
(9[2-9]x{6})|(9[2-9]x{6})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: Extensions beginning with 4 (Telephone Users)*/
(4x{3})|(4x{3})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: Extensions beginning with 5 (Telephone Users)*/
(5x{2})|(5x{2})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: Extensions beginning with 2 (Telephone Users)*/
(2x{3})|(2x{3})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: Extensions beginning with 8 */
(8x{3})|(8x{3})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: Extensions beginning with 1 */
(1x{2})|(1x{2})# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: 911 Emergency */
(911|911)# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* DIGITMAP: 9911 Emergency */
(9911|9911)# && sip:$$@$n;user=phone && t=300

/* End of Dial Plan */

thanks a million. I have been looking around for this file and can't really find anything on it. Thanks again. Saves me a lot of time
hyp

I have one question regarding:

You only get one appearance of the DN on the phone. Go under telephony, and check call waiting on and you can get multiple calls to the phone. Make sure the file server is set to memory card if you want the button programming to download to the phones.

Do I only get one DN per phone? If this is the case is this only on the 11xx series phones. Also not to sure where to look to set the file server is set to memory card.

what I have done to upgrade the 11xx phones is create a tftp server on my workstation and programmed the phone to come to my system for the upgrade. once the upgrade is done I put it back to the IP 500 IP address. Not sure if this is the proper way or not.

thanks again
hyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back