Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA IP Office R12 using Softconsole for Operator 1

dave_jey2004

Vendor
Oct 3, 2024
Hi All,

Currently using AVAYA IP office R12 with Soft Console for Receptionist/Operator. Question is , can the IP office Console R12 installed on the PC able to use AVAYA L100 headset USB connected?

The PC able to detected the L100 headset but the SoftConsole was not able to connect headset or hear the dialtone.

I tried to find the Audio setting in the Softconsole or reading the document, didn't help.

Is the Softconsole works on USB headset connect to the PC or only works on IP phone (RJ9 connector behind IP phone)?

Thats because there is no audio path with the soft console. The name is a bit deceptive this is because of its age. You still need a device to process the audio, a hard phone or Workplaces etc

Is the Softconsole works on USB headset connect to the PC or only works on IP phone (RJ9 connector behind IP phone)?
To my knowledge, there's no way of using a USB headset connected to the IP Hardphone.
You will always need a telephone. It can either be analogue, digital, IP hardphone, or... a softphone such as IX Workplace.
Think of the SoftConsole as a 1st party CTI application. It doesn't have a softphone embedded in the SoftConsole. Because of that. you will need one of the above.

You can make do with SoftConsole & IX Workplace, though.
If I recall correctly, you can enable Hidden Mode under Workplace > Settings > User Preferences > Display. This way Workplace will always stay minimized in the systray and you can enable popup of SoftConsole.
In such a setup you can use the USB headset connected to the PC (no deskphone required). Try it out and maybe it will work fine.
And don't forget, you need a special license to use Workplace.
Cheers

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back