Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Phone 30 module swap-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi all,

I hope I'm putting this in the right area, so please let me know if not. Also, please excuse my ignorance but I don't usually get involved with Avaya systems so they are fairly alien to me, although I do know various other systems so am familiar with a lot of the concepts. One of our hotel customers has an Avaya IP Office 500 system and connected to that system are 6 x "IP Office Phone 30" modules, each providing 30 analogue extensions. One of those modules appears to have died, as there is no green light on the front, and if they try a good PSU from another of the modules it does the same, so it would certainly seem to me that it is dead and needs to be replaced. What I want to know is, can the module just be swapped out for a replacement one, without any programming work being required, or would we need to for example configure the new module in some way? Any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

hello bigdave1980
the theory is that this will work but you have to reboot the processor and make sure that the release is correct. The reboot is needed to get the new hardware recognized. The upgrade needs the upgrade wizard (File - Advanced - Upgrade) and that requires the system password once chosen what to upgrade.

When you run the upgrade you will see all hardware and their releases and all you should have to do is check the box for that new module and hit OK and it will upgrade it and that should work

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Thanks @Westi,

Ok, so from what you're saying it sounds like some programming would indeed be required. That's a shame, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I'm not sure that we have any way to access this particular Avaya system remotely so I think we'll need to arrange for a 3rd party to supply and install the replacement module on our behalf.

Thanks for your response,

Dave

My pleasure
actually I forgot one small detail. The Manager version you upgrade the expansion module with has to be the same version that the system has otherwise you get a different release from it.

Hope all works out.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back