Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office - MOH wav.file too loud 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
I have a customer that we loaded a wav.file into their Avaya IP Office system>telephony>tones and music> wav.file (they are running 11.0)
It was too loud, so we used the Audicity app to lower the volume and resaved it, deleted the old file, inserted the new file in the manager folder, renamed the new file to be the old file holdmusic.wav name and saved and rebooted. Problem is it goes back to the old files volume. Has anyone seen this? Is it still playing the old wav.file because it's still there somewhere?
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for your help.

How low did you go, volume-wise. It seems that IPO will take the file and amplify it to what it wants. I've lowered volume to as much as -48dB to have it play at a reasonable level

We did 2 different wav file options to try. The 1st one we did at -14db, but when you played it on the PC it was very quiet.
So we did another at -8db and that seemed to be perfect. But didn't matter which one I put in the manager folder it played the louder original volume.
My thoughts after I posted this here on tek-tips was maybe just leave the name of the file holdmusic-14db.com and then change the name of the file in manager to match?
I've always named it holdmusic.wav, but I'm wondering if it needs to be called that, or if it just needs to match the file placed in the manager folder.
Because I changed the file name to match the original, so I'm wondering if it's still somehow playing the original, even though I change it in the folder? Not sure if that's possible, but just my thought on the matter?

The primary MOH file must be named holdmusic.wav When you upload a new version to the SD card, you can watch in SSA as it loads the new file and then starts playing it. If you leave a phone on Speaker to *34 you will hear the MOH stop while the loading is taking place, and then the new file being played. If you upload the file as holdmusic-15db.wav you will need to select it as an alternate source and have to apply to incoming call routes, hunt groups, ARS tables, etc.

Thank you for the help. Found that when I deleted the wav file from the manager folder, it wasn't deleting it from the SD card. When you mentioned SD card, a light bulb went on. I went into embedded file management and replaced it with the correct wav file and it started playing at *34 almost immediately.
Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back