Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office <--> Ingate <--> ShoreTel SIP Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

getzjd

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2008
US
Step right up... who is up for the challenge? Ok here we go...

We have a ShoreTel V10.2 system at site A and an Avaya IP Office 5.0 (24) at a remote office connected with a site to site VPN.

We purchased an Ingate Siparator to translate the SIP trunking. Though some people have hinted that we should be able to go direct, I haven't found any documentation to the sorts. If someone does have it, let me know and we can try this without the Siparator.

Here is what I have done:

ShoreTel Side- I followed the instructions in the attachment for the ShoreTel piece. Created digit extensions, trunks etc

Avaya - I configured the Avaya per the instructions here Except I obviously have different short codes. For example I have 2xxx , Dial, 2N"@<Siparator IP>" , Line Group 17

In the SIP URI fields I have, Local , Contact and display name all *

Created the incoming call route and set it to destination *

Now, the isssue... When I place a call from ShoreTel to the Avaya, the Avaya phone will ring, but when I answer it, it is silent. The shoretel end keeps ringing thinking the Avaya was never p icked up. Upon hanging up the Avaya, the Shoretel gives a fast busy.

The Avaya system monitor shows the tunk in use. I ran a packet capture and I can see the follwoing statuses
Invite - from the siparator i.e. shoretel
100 trying - from avaya
180 ringing - from avaya
503 service unavailable (from the avaya) after i hang up the avaya phone.

It seems I am not getting the 200 OK to accept the call back from the Avaya.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Remove the siparator.
You do not need it and it causes issues when not setup perfectly.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ok, when removing the siparator, what does that do to my configuation?

Obviously, I change the ITSP address on the Avaya line to point directly to the ShoreTel, but what else would need to be done on the avaya side which is different than my current configuration?

Here is a capture from the Avaya. I tried a few different Codecs, but the same problem remains. Shoretel Calls Avaya, Avaya rings, but when you answer the Avaya, dead air. When you hang up the Avaya, ShoreTel receives a fast busy.

Let me know if you guys need more info .... I am pulling my hair out lol

https://rapidshare.com/files/1747449553/Shoretel_To_avaya_Call1.txt
Figured it out... DUH!!!!! The darn STUN was enabled.... All calls flow perfectly from the Avaya to the Shoretel system now via SIP Trunks....

OK.. .got it working.. DUH.. i had STUN enabled..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back