Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office black list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohmed Eltouny

Technical User
Jul 4, 2019
MD
how to make extension barred to call another extension when i put number of extension in barred list it give me alarm so i want to make black list to the user to barred to call some extension.......

IP Office systems do not bar internal dialing between extensions on the same system.

There are various tricks that can be done to make it seem to work, and just as many ways for users to get around the restrictions.

You're probably describing the Disallowed List that is shown in the configuration of an IP Office Basic Edition system. That list (and the Allowed list) are only used for external numbers. Hence the error message if you try to put internal extension numbers in the lists.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Why do you want to?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

mohmed Eltouny said:
I want to make managers only contact some people
then make them Ex-directory & issue instructions to the staff that managers are not to be called directly, all calls must be made to their PA
if staff members repeatedly violate this instrution the issue them with whatever your local equivalent of a P45 is
this is an HR problem not a PBX problem

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

try adding a short code in the user, you could redirect the call to reception or the managers PA or set it to Barred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back