Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office ARS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcyg

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2011
US
New to Avaya IP Office (know CM very well). Where do I go and find how inbound 800#'s are routed through the IP office. My customer has a question on how they are routing, and if the IP Office is stripping of digits before it sends it to the hunt group. There is a call reporting system, and it's not showing them the correct amount of calls. Looks like they are trying to run a report in this call reporting system to see the utilization of each 800#.

Would anyone be able to offer screen shots and advise me where to go?

Incoming call routes determine where the calls go. Look there for DID/DDI that the 800 is pointing to. If you don't know what it is, use system status, and go to active calls, and call it. Double click on your call and you'll see the inbound digits they sent. You can determine the destination from the incoming call routes. It'll either be going to a group, or a module, or a shortcode, or a some other place. If they aren't getting the amount of calls they should be getting, then many things can be wrong, and you may want to have someone that knows the system very well to determine the issue.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

They are getting all of the calls, however, their Datel and Evolve reporting system is not tagging them with the 800# (they are running some kind of query by 800#). They are asking me to find out if the IP Office is changing the digits to something else once it reaches their hunt groups.

Typically, 800 numbers are forwarded to a DID number. You'll need to watch the call when it comes in to see what number it's going to. Use system status, watch the active call to that number. It'll tell you what the inbound digits were.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back