Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office & Skype for Business (Voice Quality Problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngMajdi82

Vendor
May 9, 2015
JO
Hello ...

I have completed integration Avaya IP Office & Skype for Business uses SIP as a trunking interface that allows calls to go
between the Skype for Business system and the Avaya infrastructure.
The customer have a mix of phones (IP and Digial), and the digital is mixed between Avaya and Nortel phones.
when calling from skype for business to Avaya IP phones or from Avaya IP Phones using skype for business, the quality of voice is good and two parties can hears each other well.
The major problems in voice quality is when calling from skype for business to Avaya Digital phones or from Digial phones using skype for business, the callee party on Avaya site can't hear anything from calling party, the voice is very poor and there is dalay and cutting in the voice, but the other party can hears the Avaya side very well. This case occures in incoming and outgoing.
I guess the problems is in VCM resources, the IPO just have a 10 VCM, I insert another VCM32 card but the problems not solved.
when trace the calls on the system status, in IP case, I see that the connection types is RTP delays but in dital trace the connection types is using VCM.
The Attachments below contains the following:

1. Ssytem Status screenshot when calling Avaya IP Phones and the trace captured
2. Ssytem Status screenshot when calling Avaya Digital Phones and the trace captured
3. SysMoniter Traces on both case.
4. QoS Screenshot

Hope I found the answered and solution to this issues

Thanks and Best Regards.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1bfbcdfc-f487-4086-81bc-016cca4302b6&file=Voice_Quality_Problems.docx
Hello ...

Is there any opinion in this case to help me to solve it ???

Thanks

Sounds like network problems. Consider that the IP phones and SFB clients are on the same access switches and the speech path can stay on that switch.
If you plugged a SFB client on the same switch and VLAN as the IP Office, you'd probably have better results.
Network topology and QOS policies are things I'd look at.
Does your SFB support hard phones? Why not try an Avaya softphone instead of SFB on the desktop and see if the same problem is present. Conversely, if you have Polycom Soundpoint units on SFB as hard-phones, try using them instead of the SFB PC client. I'd think the whole network setup regarding voice/data vlans and qos for voice clients on the data vlan is suspect.

Did you check your network config/QoS ?

Is the path between IP Phone and Skype FE the same that between IPO and Skype FE ?

In SSA, QoS metrics are not very good for Digital/S4B calls.

Hello Kyle555,

As I tell in case description there is no problems when calling from SFB to Avaya IP Phones, the problems occurs just when calling digital phones.

Dear pkdev,

yes the path between IP Phone and Skype FE the same that between IPO and Skype FE.

Regards

Seems like your on IPO 8.1 (43) ?
That's the GA release and there's 11 Service Packs released after that.

Try upgrading to later SP, if that doesn't work pull the Combo card from the IPO and see if that's the issue.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi Janni78 ,,,

As I mentioned above there is a digital and IP Phones, if I remove the Combo card from the system. I think there is no voice when calling between IP and digital .

Regards

You would still have the VCM32.

Hi Janni78 ...

The customer already have combo card, for test to increase the VCM channels I insert new VCM32, but the problems not solved. so I remove the card. the customer now just have 10 VCM channels.

Thanks

So it's been 4 days now, have you tried anything of what's mentioned in this thread?

yes jannie78 and yesteday upgrade the IPO to ServicePack 11 with no results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back