Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 500 V2 ATM4 Disconnect clear time 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc497

Programmer
May 13, 2009
GB
I have a problem with calls still showing connected when an external caller has hung up,

The call is being answered by the Vmail and stay connected when a caller hangs up

The service provider of the lines say BT Openreach have set the Disconnect Clear Time to 800ms

I have tried every timer setting from 500ms- 700ms & 750ms

Does anyone have any Ideas???

HELP!!!!!

Test the line with a multimeter during a call, you should see the voltage drop right off when you hang up if they do have disconnect clear set :)

Thanks, Not on site at moment but will do on my return....If the voltage Is dropping,what could be causing It to hang??

Get BT to set the disconnect clear time to loop guarded 500ms.
Then set the ipo disconnect clear time somewere between 320 to 360 ms.

Ipo needs to be about 140 ms less than the telco disconnect time.

Thanks to everyone's response,BT Openreach attended site today and revealed that the DCT was set at zero! and duly changed it to 800ms which now means the call disconnects from the Vmail.Bear In mind everyone when a service providers Indicates that a request has been carried out, ask for a copy of the email confirmation.Otherwise you can waste a lot of Time.......

Rule number one when dealing with providers is that it is always your problem, not theirs. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back