Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 500 can you program a presence button using dev tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancho15

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2011
AU
We would like to have a key on our phones that when pressed would provide three options - i.e. In, Out, Lunch

We would need to develop a little front end application for Reception that would allow her to see the status for each user, but also the ability to update / change the status. I assume there is a developement framework available for the avaya IP Office system?

I really want to know if this is possible?

We have an IP Office 500 with 9650 handsets

Use absent codes and softconsole for the receptionist.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

thanks Tlpeter
I'm pretty new to avaya can you explain a little more?
How would I accomplish this and what exactly are absent codes?

You can program buttons with default or custom absent messages.
The receptionist should be able to see the message.
Every user that dials that user will see the message.

BAZINGA!

Sorry but did you mention that reception will be able to update the absent message from her conosole? This is really important for us?

Also I noticed that in order for reception to see the user absent message she needs to search for the user extension to view all information. Is it possible to view absent presence from the
quick view (console main screen).

I want reception to be able to visually see the presence without having to search for the user.
In her console she will have the extensions in organised groups i.e. sales, admin, IT, warehouse .

I want reception to be able to visually see the presence without having to search for the user.
In her console she will have the extensions in organised groups i.e. sales, admin, IT, warehouse .
You can't

You can see BLF status but for the absent text you must search for the user.
When you call that user you will see it in your screen.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back