Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 4424 and 4450 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian17

Technical User
Apr 30, 2010
US
Has anyone successfully programmed a 4450 with a 4424 on the IP Office 6.0???

It is supported, however only on an expansion module and there can only be 2 per expansion module.

ACS - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony Implement
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional

I like stars

I have a system that has 4 4424 sets on 1 module. At times the 4424 will lock up ringing or show a line in use when it is not. When a line locks up it can be called from the outside and the system does not see it.

Could to many 4424 lines cause this, one of the 4424's also has an expansion button box that has a seperate power brick.

How many do you have on the module?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

When you're saying modules, do you mean that i must put the 4424's on a DS16 or DS30?? Also, I am more concerned with the 4450 working as a "sidecar" for the 4424. Anyone have a 4450 on the new Release 6.0?

Depends if you have an Ip406 or an IP500.

An IP500 does not support those phone on the IP itself and only on modules.

The ip406 do support it on the 8 DS ports.

IF you have a DS30v2 then max 27
IF you have a DS30v1 then max 16 of those phone will work.

From the IP Office R6 Matrix:

A maximum of twenty-seven 4424D telephones are supported on the IP500 DS30 expansion modules and on IP400 DS30 (version 2) expansion module at PCS level 5. Earlier IP400 DS30 expansion modules will only support sixteen of these telephones.

This phone is not supported on the IP Office 500 DS8 Extension Card. For the IP Office 500 it will work on an external Digital Station Expansion Module.

I like stars

Great, thank you. But i'm more concerned with whether or not a 4450 works with the 4424 on 6.0. I ask because so far I've tried the 1400 expansion button module and the 6400 expansion button moduel....The phones have worked, but the expansion button module's have not...so i'm curious if anyone has gotten the 4400 expansion button module to successfully work on 6.0.

from the original reply:

"It is supported, however only on an expansion module and there can only be 2 per expansion module"

"It" being the 4450. The 4450 can only be used with the 4412 and 4424.

I like stars

All should work well except for the DBM32's on the 1416 for now.
Those DBM32's will work on the next release.

You call that a working DBM32 :)
I call it "censured" :)

I tried to program an XM24 on a 6424 and it didnt work for me. You've had better luck??

Can anyone point me to an Avaya document outlining the limit of 4424 sets on a 406. I have 4 of them on the 406 module and 4 more on a ds module.

The 2 most used sets lock up regulary and from what I have just seen in the previous posts there should be no more than 2 per module.

Thanks tipeter

That doc says I can have 10-4424's on the same DS module so I guess that is not my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back