Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 403 Caller ID with name 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 24, 2008
US
Hi,

Is it possible to using analog dialtone POTS lines from Verizon in the US to pass Caller Id number and name to this system using Avaya digital sets like the 6408D+? I know that it passes number but the name aspect is very important.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. If the name is sent it will be displayed.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Wow.. thank you for the immediate response. Should I be aware of a software version number for this feature to work?

All of them do.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Thank you! I hope to ask you one more question. Can you tell me if the system supports caller ID/call waiting. So when I am on a call using POTS line 1 and there is an incoming call waiting call on POTS line 1 will the CID information come up on the phone display. Thank you.

Not on the call waiting it wont.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Kevin is right, caller ID waiting is not supported on POT lines.

If You have more than one POTS line with verizon, You could drop ( and save $ ) the call waiting feature, and have them put hunting on the lines. verizon dose not charge for hunting. So if you have a call on line 1, someone calls it, it will ring on line 2.

Thanks AdrePa that recommendation will not work currently because they are "private" lines however I could always add something like a second line and hunt it over there. Thanks! I have alot to learn here this system is very new to me. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back