Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 403 and line appearence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 24, 2008
US
Hi, I am trying to set up an office without the POTS lines ringing to call appearance buttons and instead to line appearance buttons on each set. Is that possible? I am unable to figure it out.

I guess I am ABLE to figure it out.. I should say I can go into Incoming call route and add a direction for each line to each set but I am looking for the correct way to do this it seems as I am going about it all wrong. Essentially what I want is for a line to rin on certain sets each with their own line button not a general apperence button.

I think the line group for the pots lines still needs a destination under incoming call routes even if it is only ringing line appearance buttons.

Never cared for Line Appearances on the IPO-- it really isn't designed for it. If you have a 403 you are limited with what firmware you can put on it so you may encounter buggy line appearance behavior that you can't upgrade to new enough firmware to fix.

You are probably better off avoiding them. If you want the ability to put calls on hold and pick them up at any phone just use Park buttons.

Ragnorak,

Thanks for the reply. What I ended up doing was eventually using a "dummy" extension and making that where the group rings to. I then assigned a line appearance to each set. That solves half my problem as it allows people to take back calls once they transfer them or want to grab them from another set with not transfer etc. However now the issue is trying to get the line appearance to let someone make a call with out dialing 9. I will see if perhaps park works a little better later today. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back