Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 11.X - Outbound Call Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStormsOfFury

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2017
US
Good morning everyone. I hope you are all doing well.

I have an Avaya IP Office 500v2 (11.x) system with VoiceMail Pro (10.X for some reason. Will be updating soon) running on a dedicated server. We already have incoming IVR and am adding TTS shortly; however, I am wondering if it is possible to also setup an automated outbound IRV system.

Ideally, it would pull a list of customers to call and then dial them one by one and play an accountment and give them the option to approve or disapprove something.

The big question here is it possible "telephany" "transfer" feature to call out AND THEN transfer to the announcement or an IVR menu after the connection is made?

Just curious if anyone knows of a way around this.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Not without another product and I don't know of any current ones. Avaya did have Outbound Contact Express and Customer Interaction Express, but they have always restricted the IP Office/Voicemail Pro from doing that itself, same as they have limited is incoming realtime call reporting, as that would have undercut their opportunities to sell you an additional contact center application.

I don't know if ACCS have any outdialing capabilities, otherwise the only option is looking for a 3rd=party application that can make CTI calls using the IP Office.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I was afraid of that. I love the product, and have been using it for years. I just wish it had a few more features.

Thank you for your assistance!

The problem is that only telemarketers and spammers really want that feature.
99.9% of "regular" IP Office customers are not interested in that at all.

The callback feature in call centres is not included in my comment as that is an incoming call that gets returned.

So Avaya is looking at this and says that they sell 2 - 10 more systems a year if they add that feature but it would cost them something like 10,000 hours of developers time to add it which means it is not a good investment for them.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

While you're true that a lot of spammers do want that, this is more like an "appointment reminder" or something (We're a pharmacy with several locations) and we're wanting to notify people at night "hey your prescription is ready for pickup," or "hey, you have a prescription coming due for refill, do you want to refill it" and also include an option to "press X to pay for your prescription ahead of time to make your wait time shorter in the pharmacy" and things like that. I'm looking at ICT Broadcast, VICIDial, and 3CX maybe as alternative solutions sadly.

I had found a flyer on Avaya Contact Center, but am not having luck getting pricing.

Also, i found a flyer for Avaya Interactive Response, to use speech self service, but alas, same issues. It's almost like the product teams over there doesn't know what they want to do and keeps changing the direction of the company every year or so all while canceling seemingly good products.

It may be some Aura programs that you were looking at as the IPO has no speech option other than text to speech.

I did not think that you are a spammer btw. and thought that it must be some sort of other reason but Avaya is not developing it due to the man hours they need to spend to do that and not a lot more systems selling when it is there.
It sounds like a pretty simple thing though, call, when picked up play a recording. It will need however database integration and lookup and individual prompts to tell the date and time of the appointment. Look into your ordering/accounting/inventory/... system as it may already have this feature or can get it as an add on.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

No worries Westi, I know that a lot of scammers/spammers use similar systems, but we are a pharmacy lol.

I'm thinking we're going to ultimately go the route of ICT Broadcast and then transfer them directly into the IVR or possibly who knows.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back