Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 11 SMDR output 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTTechs

Systems Engineer
Jan 20, 2020
US
Scenario:
Avaya IP Office phone system onsite and cloud based server running Office Manager 11.0.4.1.0 build 11.
Installed Tapit 6 on same cloud server for call accounting reports.

IP Office Manager > System > SMDR > IP address is set to cloud server. Output is SMDR Only.
Where is it saving call data?

Tapit CDR Loader Wizard shows default path should be "C:\Program Files\AVAYA\IP Office\SMDR\SMDR_Output\smdr.csv"
I can find no such file or directory on C: or D:

We have always used davehope's SMDR receiver: and it has always worked perfectly. It runs as a service so it can be auto-started and logs all data to csv, rolling over each month.

Never used Tapit but can swear by Dave's one.

I have been seeing a lot of SMDR posts lately.

The best (free) option I have ever used is Avaya Call plugin for SplunkBase.

Install SplunkBase, and log into it. Search for Avaya in the apps section, and click Avaya Call to install it.

Point the SMDR to the SplunkBase IP address and enjoy granular reporting, and pretty graphics.

Screen_Shot_2020-02-08_at_10.47.34_AM_tlzovh.png

I'm trying to configure Dave Hope's program... I don't get any output. Where would
I see errors in the Avaya side ? On the PC the service is running but no data in report folder. ? ?

Hey StuM, Make sure you've opened port 3000 on Windows Firewall and the IPO and Windows server can ping each other

It will log to the Reports folder and will make a new file each month

Does the fw.bat program sort out the file?

Just tried Avaya Call which looks good. The special numbers are configured for France and USA but could be changed if needed.

Sorry I meant 'sort out the firewall'

The program is actually called IP Office Applications Firewall Batch File and be downloaded from Avaya support.

HI BFG9K !
Thanks for the information. I opened port 3000 and got about 13 call records.. I was looking at the file with notepad++. After I closed it, without updating, it stopped working,,
I rebooted my PC, that recieves the data, but no luck. Quiryed the PC and port 3000 still open.. How would I reset the transmit on the Avaya switch ? Short of rebooting it ?
THANKS !!

Or to put it another way, it send each record once only. If it can't send, it will buffer until it can send. But once sent, the buffer is emptied.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Derfloh .. Where sill the data go ? On the PC that is hosting the IP OFFICE ??

Just out of interest how big is the buffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back