Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP contact Store + Voicemail Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie79it

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
GB
Hi All,

this is my call scenario.

Call Coming in from ISDN to the Avaya IP office since is in a region where SIP is not allowed, the call land on a voiceMailPro that is co-hosted on a Ip Contact Store Server that has the ACR software on IT.

The VoiceMailPro is a 9.0 same as the IPO 500, and is doing the part of IVR and recording (IPO Contact Store), then the call is routed to the IPOCC then routed just fine to the agent/group in case of overflow.

All is working as fine, but now they asked me a change, and since i was working a lot with the lovely Avaya Blue CS1K (aka as Nortel 81Cor CS1000 etc), i have no response for them.

The call start the recording in the moment the agent pickup the call, so the ivr is not included into the recording.

What my colleague wants actually, is to record all the call before (with the IVR included), not sure if that is possible.

The incoming call route land into the VM:NameoftheIVRModule

I have done few tests:
-Checked the settings on the VoiceMailPro that, as i understood is the module responsible of the recordings portion.
-Configured the incoming call route to land into a virtual extension forwarded using a ShortCode into the vm (call works as expected but still the recording starts only when the call is picked up by the agent).
- I know in the ACR there was a couple of settings that you can use on the apache folder to set that on the ACR with CS1K + AACC, is that something that can be done with IPO?

Sounds like a silly request to me but...

Instead of enableling call recording on the afggent or group, enable it in the Incomming call route

This is likely to cause other operation issues as now every call to the IVR will be using twice as many VM ports (one to play the IVR & a 2nd one doing the recording)

incariably when call recording to this level is requires we would recomend a line side call recorder, they offer far better performace that the IP occice ACR & VM Pro combination.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Hi IPGuru,

that sounds like a crazy request to me too, perfectly doable with Asterisk but they want to usually do stuff by yesterday.

But also i checked the incoming call route and it has "recording" enabled already.

Also, this is just part of the silly request.. they also want something like on outbound calls, play an advice to the receiver that says:"this call will be recorded" etc.

That sounds to me something you cannot do with the actual implementation, am i right?

We cannot go for tapped recording at the moment, since the servers (both VM and IPOCC) are running on a VMs.

Best

You can turn on playing "this call will be recorded" for all calls through the VMPro client.

Administration>Preferences>General

Check the checkbox for "Play Advice on Call Recording"

This is on by default and in some areas is required by law to notify someone they are being recorded.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Hi Critchey,

Sorry but that was on and they asked me before to remove it.

After that i was not hearing the advice when the call was connected.. However is not what they asked for.

they need to fully record the call.

As per IPGURU said, i turned on already the recording on the incoming call route side, however that is not apparently working as the recording only starts when the agent pickup the call.

I think you're going to have to use some form of external recording that splits the IDSN line before it hits the IPO to be able to record the IVR interaction as well. Xima VRTX connects that way, but I think they still don't record the IVR portion

Hi guys,

just an heads-up, it was super easy, just need to set the recording to "mandatory" and not simply "on" in the incoming call route.

This will generate 2 calls recording, 1 with the full call-recording with the ivr, the other with the recording only of the agent call.

Just be mindful that if you have it set to mandatory and it can't record for any reason (out of ports or voicemail down) the calls will fail.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

If it is making 2 recording you can swith off the recording on the agent as it should not be required.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back