Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Ip 500V2 9.1.0 system restart automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirmustafaali

Technical User
Jun 26, 2019
SA
Hello guys , need an advise as i am facing an issue with auto restart of my Avaya Ip 500V2 9.1.0 system

when i check system status its showing me :
Reason : Abnormal termination
Termination Cause : <ISI Exceptionn> addr = 00000000 d=5 pc= 00000000 stack = f436e198 f012af18 f012fdec f01ac214 f01ac310

Guys need your suuport to find the root cause of it .

Unless its a common problem, only Avaya can interpret what that might mean. And even then they are guessing. It essentially tells them the last thing the system was doing when it restarted, but that may not necessarily be why it restarted.

Its really only a problem if it happens more than once.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

If you are running 9.1.0 you should start by upgrading to latest service pack.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi actually it restarted twice from past two days . So could be this issue with hardware or any software config .but still there was no changes done past

As you said i need to upgrade the firmware but this was working with no issue from past 2 years .so wat do u guys sujjest.

Well, 9.1.0 was horrible to begin with =)

But something might have changed in the configuration causing you to have an issue that wasn't there before.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Using R9.1, we saw in the past reboots due to a computer (or something...) in the network flooding the IPO.
In my memory, updates have corrected that problem.
So, as janni78 said, it is a good idea to first upgrade to the last 9.1

If it doen't solve the problem, maybe you can change the SD card (but now, you cannot swap your old licenses to a new SD without an IPOSS).

Avaya ACSS, Microsoft MCSE
Geneva - Switzerland -

upgrade to 9.1.11

9.1.0 is the GA release and is terrible.

You should be migrating to 10.1 or 11.0 by end of year.

9.1.7 was the stable 9.1 we settled on.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back