Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ip 500 standard edition auto attendant not recording 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirmustafaali

Technical User
Jun 26, 2019
SA
Hello expert .please need your assistance as i want to configure auto attendant through doaling *8401 but i cannot able to record new .as soon i give press 2 to change .call disconnect.
Anybody please help.

Check SSA the voicemail is most likely full. From SSA you can see if users have a ton of voicemails and make them clean up their boxes.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Make sure you have a name for the recording in the AA form before you record.

No you do not need a recording name in the AA unless you are using custom recordings... if you are recording with *8401 (menu options) and its not a custom greeting you absolutely do not enter a recording name...

Hello Guys tried deleting some voice mailbox from users , it started recording but one thing i couldn't find out the way to delete the voice mail messages from group as there are 2-3 extensions assisgn to that group , i saw the members of that hunt group its showing nothing but when i check in office system status all voice mail box assigned to hunt group .

add source number for group to users in it ex..H200 or HMain then use visual voice

hit help button in manager un user source number

not giving a name to a recording is lazy. and makes it more difficult when looking for the wav on the sd card

Oh...how do you give a name to the recording if it’s done using the phone..

As critchley says you can name the professional custom recordings because you have a wav
File.

You may want to read the documentation before scolding on a forum.

Recording Name: Default = Blank. Range = Up to 31 characters. This field appears next to the short code used for manually recording auto-attendant prompts. It is only used is using pre-recorded wav files as greeting rather than manually recording greetings using the indicated short codes. If used, note that the field is case sensitive and uses the name embedded within the wav file file header rather than the actual file name.

This field can be used with all systems supporting Embedded Voicemail. The utility for converting .wav files to the correct format is provided with Manager and can be launched via File | Advanced | LVM Greeting Utility. Files then need to be manually transferred to the Embedded Voicemail memory card. For full details refer to the IP Office Embedded Voicemail Installation manual.

Precorded does not only mean professional recording. If you give your files names it makes it easier to back up and restore when your sd card has issues. Also it is an easier way to set temp greetings and revert back to original without rerecording and also use the same menu prompt on multiple AA's. Example day lunch and night greetinga where the choices are the same but the intro is different.
Not scolding
just stating a fact.

He already said he recorded the greeting using *8401 meaning it is not prerecorded. If he uploaded .wav files then you are right but if created via the shortcode then it is not prerecorded and would not get renamed or have a name in the auto attendant setup as stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back