Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP 500 doesnt go via IP trunk anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superguppie

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
NL
Hey ,

Ive finally got a ip500, , ive shot the old config from a 03 in it , and the bri's function great.
However ,

All ip lines wont connect.

for example, when i call 444 , it goes to a functioncode 444, dail , phone . line 9

In lines , i've configure line 9 to connect to 201.1.99.1

on the 201.1.99.1 side , ive got an ipo 403 , with fetches it and puts it to phone 444

calling from the ipo 500 TO and FROM via the bri goes great, but as i said , calling to a number via the ip trunk goes badly, it gives a no netline error, if i CALL from another system to the specified IPO500 ip adress, it goes silent for a LONG time , and then goes into in busy status

Could anyone give me a hint for this ?

the config works fine on 100 + machines ?

Superguppie

You need a voice networking licence on the IP500 for IP trunks, this was not needed on the IP400 range.

Also what version are you running?

IP500 out of the box runs standard edition software (you dont get all features, such as voice netowrking). In order to have voice networking, aswell as needing the voice networking licence it also has to be upgrade to pro mode.

New release 4.0.10 provides support for voice networking (you need the voice networking lic) in standard edition (so you dont need the upgrade to pro if running 4.0.10)

hope that makes sense?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Hey All,

I have a voicemail pro license with 4 vcm ?

Starngely ,m it says now invalid , ive got a dongle AND a chipcard , wich it recognizes in the setup...

Is the voicemail pro licenses connected to the network license?

No, you need the voice networking lic and if you are on 4.0.5 or 4.0.7 you also need the upgrade to pro lic.

I would suggest upgrdaing to 4.0.10 and then you need the voice networking licence.

Thnx all,

I didnt have enough licenses ...(A pro licencse and a voice networking license, i got tem rapidly from my supplier 0ffcourse, they've disappeared from my order somehow.., and it worked fine instantly YEAH !

Got also much help from my supplier :) thnx Sencit !

I am very happy now hahahah

Thnx All

(Now to start tweaking)

You didnt need the pro lic neccesarily, had you upgraded to 4.0.10 you could have ran voice networking in standard edition.

he does need it
he has vmpro

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

oh yeh