Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP 500 and 4.0 Early release document 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TLPeter, this is great info. Definitely worth a star!

Thank you tlpeter.

"The lack of understanding is the root of all problems

i thought the new version was going to abandon the SOE (Small Office Edition), but this doecument lists it as a supoprted platform . . . . . .

Some nice looking added features in there, Definitely makes the jump between CM and IPOffice more easier for Administrators.

>mike

ACA ; ACS

I saw the 500 live and in person and unfortunately I was not impressed. I looks to me as if it will be harder to support during business hours. I also have to question why a new system , based on IPO software, is smaller in growth than 412.

Having to buy IPO professional software just to get VM pro is a mistake also. Even with the enhancements, embedded messaging is weak so we are tied up a bit. I will wait to see pricing before making final judgements, but at this point I am disappointed.

I found this curious... Voicemail Lite is now considered an "advanced application"...that's hilarious.

"IP Office Standard Edition
IP Office 500 is shipped with 'Standard Edition' capability enabled, supporting a maximum of 32
users. IP Office Standard Edition does not support expansion modules, voice networking (H323,
SCN or QSIG) or advanced applications (VoiceMail Lite, VoiceMail Pro, Compact Contact Center,
Conference Center, etc.).
Embedded Voicemail, Phone Manager Lite/Pro/PC Softphone, SoftConsole, TAPI, SMDR and
CBC are supported, as well as SIP trunking and IP DECT.

Well. the standard edition is meant to be a small office pbx and will have it's price set that way and with loss of functionallity.
Going to the Advanced edition will give you more functions to a more expensive cost.

Many always compain that IPO only can take 360 extn and now with IP500 only 264 extn. But this ain't supposed to be a big system. It's not build for that, and if you think you will reach the cap in a near future it shouldn't be considered unless the customer knows the circumstances.

Sure this would be a prefect world if all would sell just the right product and no one would care what it would cost so I know I'm way off here not thinking that you should sell an IPO on every deal you can.

The IP500 will offer something we are missing today, more VCM channels, and this is actually a big plus. And no, the VCM channels will not come cheap.

well i knew it seemed too good to be true to get VM lite for free for so many years.

From the product literature for 4.0 it seems that we can expect a little more trouble in obtaining software in the future either by having to pay for it direct or having to have a special BP or distributor login.

No more free VM lite...and likely no more free software updates.

That free lunch saying must be true.

You will still get free Voicemail Lite on the IP400 series not just on the IP500 as it is also designed for a smaller market that just needs basic functions.
They will be fine with the Embedded that cost money but will save em money on the PC cost.
It will be more about what unit is right for this customer and not getting everything in the same box no matter if it's 5 or 500 users that seems to be the wish of many as it seems today.

This discussion has been held many times at this forum but it is only a few that seems to understand (and have said) that you can't put an IPO in every company in the world regardless of size for a resaonable price and functionallity.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the IP500 Voice Networking License?

I know that in order to have a IP500 unit part of a SCN that the Pro license is required, a Advanced Networking license is required if you want the new HG features and Hot-desking across the SCN. If I have a IP500 at a central site and want to use SCN over IP trunks, do I need just a "VCE NTWK START 4 LIC" at the central site only or is it required at each remote member of the SCN? And If I grow to say 6 sites total, do I just need to add the "VCE NTWK ADD 4 LIC" at the central site? I am a little confused on this and am getting hammered by my sales people for an answer. I have done many SCN rollouts on IP400 and know that the central site is the only one with IP trunks for all of the remotes, and each remote only has one IP trunk pointing back to the central site. I have called Avaya Pre-Sales support, and have seemed to stump them as well. Just wondering if anyone here can clarify if they know.

Thank you,
Dphoneguy24

Yes, you would need the license for each site connected together.

If you want the hot desking from site to site you need the Adv networking license.

So for SCN in lets say a total of 7 sites. I would need the "VCE NTWK START 4 LIC" at each site + an additional "VCE NTWK ADD 4 LIC" at each site?

So with a maximum of 16 units in a SCN (all IP500) you would have the "VCE NTWK START 4 LIC" at each one and then a quantity of 3 "VCE NTWK ADD 4 LIC" at each one. Are we on the same page?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes. BUT if you will be using the multi site hot desking or hunt group features...you would need the Advanced networking license, BUT, this gets a little tricky as you dont "need" it for each site. Will know more tomorrow(training in IL)

Thanks, yeah I asked the question yesterday on a webex about the Advanced Networking license - that one seems straight forward. I think that the VCE licenses should only be needed at the central site if you ask me, but Avaya has to make their money somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back