Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya G450 and Avaya IP phones 1608-I - want to play music all time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subitt32

Technical User
May 20, 2015
PK
Dear All,

New to the site and also totally new to this Avaya Media gateway G450.

Can I have something that would be playing all times as per the given time "from" and "to" mentioned in the media gateway of Avaya.

Or, phones can play something whenever a combination of pre-defined codes/numbers pressed?

We are having Avaya 1608-I IP phones.

Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

P.S.: To Admin, Kindly move this post to right forum if it is not appropiately posted in the correct forum.

Not sure what you mean here, can you please describe in more detail and provide an example of what you would like

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Dear Montyzummer,

Thanks. As I have mentioned what system we have at gateway end and user end.
I think its kind of silly but have to ask. Manager likes to have some sort of recording playing on all the phones for example:

1 - If I pick the phone between 7:00AM to 9:00AM and between 4:00PM to 9:00PM, every phone should play some recording whatever we set in the system instead of tone and we should also be able to dial any number if we want.

2 - If the above option looks silly and not do-able then what I have seen it already at some company I was visiting is that, If someone picks the phone and dial some pre-defined extension or sort of some code like for example *354* then recording should start until someone dial another pre-defined code to stop the recording. Meanwhile everyone should be able to receive the calls on their extension.

I hope I cleared the doubt.

Thanks in advance

I'm with Monty, this is a little confusing. But are you saying if someone calls a number they get a recording between the hours you specified..?

Dear Mojoputter,

NO,

Between the hours mentioned above, anyone who is having Avaya Phone, can be able to hear the pre-set recording between these hours,IF they lift the cradle of phone or switch on the speaker of phone and dial the pre-defined extension or some code.

I am not talking about If someone puts the caller on hold.

basically I think they want to replace dialtone with music....

No, not possible or desireable

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Dear mattknight,

Thanks for your reply and input but can you please tell me if the 2nd option is doable?

2 - If the above option looks silly and not do-able then what I have seen it already at some company I was visiting is that, If someone picks the phone and dial some pre-defined extension or sort of some code like for example *354* then recording should start until someone dial another pre-defined code to stop the recording. Meanwhile everyone should be able to receive the calls on their extension.

As I have seen it in some company back home.

Regards

No Really, I can't see a way of triggering music on hold, to the handset - otehr than dialling an announcement extension, which will loop after a period.

What are you trying to achieve and more importantly why?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Chevy Chase said it best in Vacation. "this is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy"

-CL

This question reminds me of a feature we used to have on an Executone phone system back in the late 80's early 90's. On the Executone phones there was a feature where pressing one of the buttons on the phone would allow you to hear the Music On Hold radio. I think the idea back then was that in large buldings radio reception was bad and this was a way of feeding radio to the call center staff who might be buried deep in the bowels of the building. The MOH radio was near a window and the call center agents were not.

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies,

Can I have something that can play something whenever a combination of pre-defined codes/numbers pressed? and we can switch it off as well with the combination or just by pressing the speaker phone button off.

Thanks.

CM and IP Office do not support "Background MOH" as the Nortel guys would call it.

You could still achieve something similar (Dial the extension of an announcement) but inbound calls would still be treated like you were on an active call.

Thanks Randycarroll,

Thanks for your reply.
But what's the point if phone would be engage while the user listening to Music.

It's kind of urgent thing that we need to implement. Now I do not know how [neutral]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back