Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya G430 Gateway basic configuration step 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1983

Programmer
Nov 17, 2012
Hi,

I am new to Avaya Media Gateway 430.Has done a couple of configurations in IPO 500V2. One of our clients need us to configure the ethernet port with their existing ip range. How can it be done. Is there any web based management or is it through CLI. Much appreciated if you could point out the basic step to obtain connectivity

If you are using a S8300 processor then use the web base management to access it.
http:// ip address
Login with the username and password the customer is using

Hi snowman,

Thanks for the reply. Actually it is a brand new system. My problem is that how can one assign an IP address to its Ethernet port for further web base management. The rest the client will take care off remotely. But for remote access to be enabled, i will have to do what i have mentioned above.

The S8300 is administered through the services port at ip address 192.11.13.6. You may need to download some manuals from Avaya's support website.

Hello Jackie1983... Assuming you can log into the G430 CLI via some other method (services port on the G430), using the root account (or other admin-level account).
show ip interface brief (lists all interfaces on the G430; determine which interface is the correct one, but it might be FastEth 10/2 or FastEth 10/3)
interface fast 10/2 (enter IF config mode)
ip address [ip_addr][netmask] (this configures an ip address and subnet mask on the interface)
might then have to issue commands: shut, no shut in order to bring the interface up
or, try the command: ip admin-state up to do the same
then exit to get out of interface config context
repeat the show ip interface brief command to see if the int is up and connected
it should now be pingable, assuming the rest of your network is already configured...
Finally, don't forget a copy run start to save the changes...!

Hope this helps...

Don't forget to patch both the gateway, G430 cards, and server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back