Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya g3r power alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabeaphoneman

Technical User
Jan 4, 2007
US
I have a power alarm in cabinet one. I replaced the batteries and the voltage reading will not go above 157 volts. My vendor claims avaya does not warranty the batteries. Is there a way to increase the battery voltage without smoking my switch.

If you have just replaced these, the book says to let them charge about 24 hours before they will be fully charged.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

The batteries have been installed for weeks and still the voltage remains low.

I would suspect the charger is not working, or U got some bad batteries. What does the errors indicate on the charger?

Da-vi'do Juan-is'imo
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

I just had this problem. If the new batteries didn't fix the problem, replace the charger, or swap the charger with one in another cabinet. Note: connect the new charger and turn it on befor you connect the last battery. You will hear the relay open once the last battery is connected. If that fails replace the maintenance board.

Thank you for the reply. I changed the rectifier last night and still had the power alarm in the cabinet and the fans were going on high. Well this morning about 8:30 the fans slowed down gradually and the alarm went away. All good to go. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back