Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox/Sip Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum181

Technical User
Mar 17, 2017
GB
Hi All,

Having a few issues with eqinox over the last few weeks turned out to be firewall issue. But now we are having issues with PPM data.

SAC etc now seems to work but contact info via PPM from CM to client doesnt seem to work. So when you search for a CM extension via name it doesnt pick anything up. Contacts on the SMGR do work however.

Now im being told this wont work on Equinox is not a feutre that was implmented.

However this also doesnt work on my SIP deskphone when I use the contacts button but searching online says this should work? exactly same as eqiunox client SMGR contacts appear but CM ones dont

Doing a trace on SM when searching for CM users on Sip deskphone doesnt show some PPM data sore usersearch but on eqinox nothing is showing on the trace when you do a search.

Sip deskphone 9641

android eqiunox

Aura version 7.0 throughout

So Avaya pretty much screwed this one up. All your clients have to have a SMGR profile created. You then can associate your extensions to the profile. This is the only way you can get PPM to work correctly with people who are still using h323.

That was the news I was fearing. With over 1500 h323 extensions thats alot of smgr profiles im going to have to manually create :(.

Thanks for your help tho.

SMGR can export a template/spreadsheet you can fill out. ASA can export spreadsheets too. Might not be as tedious as you think.

Yeah I guess it might not be to bad. Still a pain tho haha.

Thanks

Equinox works great with either LDAP, CES and/or AADS. You wouldn't have to create any contact lists.

Hi Jimbo,

AD is not uptodate with telephone extension number unfortunetly but that is what im going for. Exporting out via CSF file fom CM bash that into AD with powershell and back into SMGR.

The only problem I am having is importing back into SMGR it will not put the phone number into phonenumber section(AvayaE164 Handle) it complain about the UPR :(

Thanks

Probably a format issue on import. I believe the import login name needs #Primary added to it. The handleType is sip and handleSubType is e164.

Hi Thanks,

In the end it was the UPR name not matching what was in AD silly.

Also I have asked our vendor for info on this but still no answer...

Should equinox clients windows and android be able to search for contacts in SMGR like a SIP deskphone can as currently my sip deskphone searches and find contacts in SMGR but equinox clients do not..?

Also You mentioned AADS and CES is CES the older versions of AADS for one-x communicator ?

As for LDAP I see that option on windows clients but not on andriod and really we dont want 1000 users connecting to one of our LDAP servers searching for users would rather have a dedicated box like AADS or SMGR etc.

Thanks
Callum

Should equinox clients windows and android be able to search for contacts in SMGR like a SIP deskphone can as currently my sip deskphone searches and find contacts in SMGR but equinox clients do not..."

Kinda. SMGR doesn't provide an LDAP. AADS can provide SMGR's directory as a source to all Equinox clients albeit through a webservice. It's not LDAP in the sense that were it unencrypted that you'd see traffic on port 389 and typical LDAP lookups. Desktop OS clients can directly LDAP search and/or use AADS, mobile clients would have to use AADS and possible CES.

"Also You mentioned AADS and CES is CES the older versions of AADS for one-x communicator ?"

Kinda. CES was a webservices front-end to your communication services and tied to LDAP. It was how you'd login to One-X Communicator via DOMAIN\username instead of extension/password. It also enabled mobile devices - like, use a webservice to place a call. Later versions could do VoIP, earlier ones basically had it as an LDAP authenticated mobile app controlling EC500. AADS can provide Equinox clients of all kinds with a domain login. Generally speaking, if you never had CES, don't look into it or let it confuse your understanding of the stuff you're working with.

It sounds like you want AADS. Lookup its documentation. It needs to do database replication with System AND Session Manager. It must be paired off to a single SM, and it and the SM must be at the same release. To install it isn't complicated once you figure it out. It's kinda funny actually. Like the people who made it decided if you don't understand LDAP, you don't get to login. Avaya's got a few products like that and the methodology is pretty solid. So, One-X Portal in release 5, CES in R6, AADS and Multimedia Messaing and Aura Web Gateway in R7 all install the same. You do the typical stuff like hostname/fqdn/SMGR replication password, but to tie it to the LDAP, you must specify an LDAP group for admins and users and auditors (read only people). Once you install the software and go to the web management page, you login with an account that's a member of the "AuraUCServerAdminGroup" - there's no local account to log in to the web configuration.

If you're gonna try, get Softerra LDAP browser, it's free, and it'll let you compare what you're punching in to the installer vs what the LDAP server really has configured.

Once up, AADS can have up to 10 LDAP connections with the 1st being the one used as an authentication domain. It will also grab SMGRs user list and offer that too. And it will consolidate common things - that's why you do some attribute mapping in AADS to the LDAP - like "sAMAccountName" to Email or something. Be current with that stuff. There's a lot of bug fixes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back