Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox setup and configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Morning,
I have been searching for any information on how to set this up. We are on 7. I have downloaded Equinox for Windows and the very first error is it stating to enter a valid email. Not sure why it doesn't take my work email but maybe someone has run into this during the auto config. The other question I have is, will this work on tablets IE IPAD, MAC, IPhone and Android? I have read it does but I'm not sure which flavor to use. If anyone has any instructions or is currently using this please let me know.

Thank you,

I'm struggling with it as well. In my case just trying to make it fully work in Android.
Not very familiar with the Windows client but I think you want to manually configure it. Don't you have the option to skip the automatic configuration via email?

JuanAvaya,
Yes it has manual but I wanted it to run through the auto config to see what it pulls and how it uses the email address. It may be blocked from the Exchange side. I have an email out to our Exchange GURU to see.

Have you configured all the auto-config pre-reqs? (DNS etc..) Are you using AADS?

@Juan - we have Android clients working no problem. Which services are you accessing with the client?

Speewah,
I have nothing configured as I am just starting. If you have any instructions that would be great.

Thank you,

Speewah
Just local and remote audio/video calls, nothing else. The main problem are pick-up groups. We register the same extension in H.323(desk phone) and SIP(Equinox Android), being H.323 the main one and CM acting as an Evolution Server. When someone calls an ext configured with the call-pkup key in the group, Equinox rings on all other parties in there. I would like to disable that call-pickup function only in the Equinox.
Also I sometimes have the little green camera enable and sometimes I don't. Can't figure out the reason.

fondog2
Sorry I hoped on your inquiry

JuanAvaya,
No worries join in hopefully we will get all the answers. I noticed you have H.323 does that work on other devices? Or do you have to build them either SIP or H.323 like One-X?

Or are you using dual registration with the Equinox client being SIP and deskphone h.323?

Does anyone know if Equinox is compatible with Microsoft 365 cloud solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back