Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox over TLS (SSL-CA Certificate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barahm

Technical User
Jan 3, 2019
CA
Hi,
I have IPO version 11.0.4.2. The customer purchased a regular CA,( not a wildcard cert) ,and we managed to import the Cert into the IPO. The issuer is AlphaSSL. The IPO implicitly imported the chain of certificates.

When we try AvayaIX work place from MAC, Iphone, and Android devices the app works as a charm with no issues. We just provisioned the Avaya IX works again the Web address and we got the extension successfully registered.

When we provision the Equinox from any windows machine against the same URL, we got the error "Certificate is not trusted" or "Certificate revoked" however the certificate is a CA certificate. When we remove the Global SIgn CA Root and the AlphasSSL from the trusted root certificate authority and only keep the AlphaSSL in the Intermediate certification authority the Equinox on the windows machine works fine.

The customer thinks the Equinox (Windows) is not pulling the chain of certificates properly and therefore we are getting the error "Certificate revoked".

Has any went through this before? Any idea?

What I am trying to achieve is provision the Equinox from any windows machine and get it works without going to windows MMC to remove certificates.

You don't use IX on Windows?

Have you compared the certificates in the store?
Could just be that it isn't updated properly.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I am using Avaya Equinox for Windows on Windows 10 machine.

How can you update a certificate? The info I have, when we purchase CA and import it into IPO, we don't need to to touch the store as we only need then to configure the web address in the equinox. (This is not a self identity cert to install it in the store. It's a regular SSL cert).

Let me know

You need to check on the machine why the Intermediate is revoked if you wanna avoid doing this manually.
It might have an old one instead of the one currently used.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back