Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox Auto configure 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmersonLRibeiro

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2012
BR
Hi,

Someone here made it work the Auto Configure of Avaya Equinox?

If I use the services separately, some work, others do not.

Would they have any tips to make it work?

Regards,

Emerson Ribeiro.

Yes works fine for me.
Do you want to use email address to to autoconfigure or are you just using url ?

Pkdev, how does that e-mail part work?
I am in the same boat.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi Pkdev,

e-mail or url, none of them works here, I think it´s something on cloud? Any tips,

Regards,

Emerson Ribeiro.

telecomtekperson, thanks. I have a lot to read i think :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

All your answers are in telecomtekperson link !! Great post

Hi guys,

I´m waiting for my domain to approve in the AVAYA,

Regards,

Emerson Ribeiro.

Hi,

I solved the DNS problem... BUTTTTTTTTTT....

When I try to login, this happen:

Equinox_problem_tg03ub.jpg

Anyone have the same problem, or just me?

Thanks

So if you are trying to use autoconfiguration via Avaya Spaces (as suggested by waiting for the domain approval) ...
Did you configure the 46xxsettings file URL on the Avaya Spaces domain after it was approved?
This is documented in R11 SIP Telephone Installation Notes document on Avaya Support Portal. (Check the formatting when you configure the 46xxsettings file on Avaya Spaces as there are some "{","}" and "[","]" in there - be sure all is correct. There is an example in the document referenced.

Also
Is a Space configured for the user?
Is the Unique Identity (same email address as for Spaces) configured for the user on IPO side?
Is the customer domain part of the email address being used the same as per the Spaces domain?

You should still be able to manually enter a URL for the 46xxsettings file e.g. pointing to a local IPO system if that is required.

Use the direct method first via clicking the gear icon, select Use Web Address and enter
If that works, then reset the client and try the spaces email address route again. At least that way you'll have hopefully removed any routing to the IP Office settings files issues from the problem and left just Space configuration/validation issues.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi Dermu,

the Equinox is working now, the problem was the JSON string, now it is correct, my space, zang, IPO account is ok now.
I have to point the IPOFFICE IP on 46XXsettings.txt , but I don´t know where I put this, can u help?

Thanks

Guys,

I think everything is right on 46XXsettings.txt , now I will try to solve the SIP login problem,

Thanks

did anyone manage to get proper documentation on this? i was able to get it configured, but couldn't get the contacts to work. keeps giving me: "Access to Avaya Equinox Contacts is currently limited

Hi guys, how are you ??

I am trying to configure an equinox mobile user but not using a wi fi network, i am trying to register it by the SBC using spaces.

If i configure it manually (just telephony, no spaces) through the SBC it works perfect.

Im not sure what URL y should put in the URL that the manual says, becuase the IPO is not published to internet.

Thanks for your help !!

I've done this. What I've found in that ipofficeassistance link is that the characters don't exactly match if you copy/paste

Code:
{"Client_Settings_File_Address":[{"Profile_Name":"IP Office","Client_Settings_File_Url":"[URL unfurl="true"]https://youripo.com/46xxsettings.txt"}[/URL]]}

I just looked at mine, and this works as is. You'd need map to the settings file and 5061 to go thru the remote worker SBC.

There's no real way to use email to autoconfig if your client can't acquire the settings file from the URL that Zang provides.

Now, if you only wanted to autoconfigure from inside the office, nothing stops you from putting in Zang.

Doing it just with an IPO, I've found it helpful to go in the SD card, make a file called index.html and put the text "there's nothing here". Just like the IPO has the auto-generated settings file and will use that if there is no 46xxsettings.txt in the primary folder, it seems to work with any auto-generated file - like the main - if you make a HTML file - even an empty one, or one that redirects to 'yourcompany.com', you'll effectively conceal that from the outside world.

Also, in the security settings, you can lockout an account after X invalid logins.
And, only allow Avaya clients on the HTTP bit.

That makes it so Avaya clients can get the settings file from the internet, and noone can just browse to and see the main page with links for web manager etc.

@Kyle555 - thanks for the heads up on this. Will give it a try.

Also, there is an autoconfigure method that isn't in the IPO docs but it does work and without Zang. Using DNS SRV and Pointer Records. Use your email address to fetch the settings file. You can use {anything}@yourdomain.com as the first bit doesn't matter, it just uses the domain name.

Go here

Then

here

This assumes your DNS supports pointer records of course...

ACSS (SME)

Yeah, the DNS SRV pointer records is for the enterprise stuff. I'd caution you about using it on IPO. Equinox has a few settings under the hood that let it know to steer left/be SMB/IPO or steer right/be enterprise/aura. I wouldn't bother with it on IPO.

You absolutely require Zang for chat anyway, so your client has to absolutely hit Zang anyway. I BELIEVE the way the client works is that in the absence of DNS SRV, last try is asking Zang.io. But, were DNS SRV present, the Equinox client might presume it's being used in an Aura/enterprise configuration. Just a guess.

Hey kyle555, I'm a certified IPO installer/programmer but have never deployed Equinox.

I have an IPO customer on 11.0.4 Essential who wants the option for their gate phone (and door phone) to ring to an iPad.

Could I hire you to help me set this solution up and train me on the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back