Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Endpoint licenses 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1983

Programmer
Nov 17, 2012
Scenario:

IPO500 4.1.9 with 85 IP extensions is working. It has to be upgraded to 5.0.26. 8 instances of IP500 VCM Channels are there and 1 VCM32/ATM4 card is available. So while upgrading, is it necessary to purchase end point licenses.

The vendor said for every VCM32 card 12 IP end point licenses are there & For every 1 instance of IP500 VCM Channel, 4 IP end point licenses are there. So mathematically,

(12 IP end points licenses from VCM32 card) + (8 instances of IP500 VCM Channels * 4 = 32 IP end point licenses) = 44 IP endpoint licenses in total.

i.e. i need to purchase additionally 45 IP end point licenses for the rest of the users to function.

Can anyone please verify this.

This is all not needed for 5.0
IP endpoint licenses for Avaya IP phones is introduced at 6.0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

What peter said. It was assumed with Avaya's 5610 etc, that the cost of the endpoint was basically built into the price of the phone.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Correct, you are describing a Release 6 application. For the release your on, you don't need IP Endpoint licenses but you do need to license the VCM channels accordingly.

In pre release 6, you license the VCM channels.

In Release 6+, you license the IP Endpoints.

@Conigliaro

So should i buy additional VCM channel licenses? If so, please tell me the qty i have to purchase?

VCM channel licenses are end of sale so that will be a problem :)

BAZINGA!

@tlpeter
how can we sort this out....i am totally confused...the vendor doesn't reply to me at all and we don't have any otyher source to rely

You need to upgrade and recalculate your IP endpoints.
You will get 3 IP endpoint licenses for every VCM channel and not 4!

BAZINGA!

you mean i have to upgrade to 6.0.x or upgrade to 5.0.26?....Dear, i just need to clarify only 1 thing....will the 85 existing phones running on 4.1.9 will work without adding any additional licenses if upgraded to 5.0.26...85 phones should work and in future if they may add 16xx phones, it should also work...i am also attaching the cfg file...

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwbdk1dzma6sv4f
When you upgrade to 5.0 then your phones will keep working without adding any licenses.

BAZINGA!

Jackie, your IPO is in SCN with another system, so if you upgrade, make sure that the other system is not to far away releaase-vice.
Max 1 major release difference.

If you go for a R6+ you need these licences for your system:
(+ lic's for the other system too)

1 x IPO UPG R8.1+ LIC (270399)
4 x IPO LIC R6 AV IP ENDPOINT 1 (229444)
1 x IPO LIC R6 AV IP ENDPOINT 5 (229445)
2 x IPO LIC R6 AV IP ENDPOINT 20 (229447)

It's going to cost you some $$$$

Cheaper to stop at R5.0, but you won't be able to use the new 96xx-series phones on that release, and there are some nice features in R8.1. Upgrade in major release steps or else s**t will happen.

Regards
Gunnar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back