Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Digital Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Just starting down the Avaya Red route and not overly familiar with the phone types, we have a CM 8.0 and some digital phones (Can't be IP due to the environment and infrastructure). They want a digital phone with more buttons rather than using the addon modules, is there a digital set that has lots of configurable keys?

If you looking for a call center phone, and if you can find the the callmaster where beast.

so 2400 series is end of sales, and will go end of Manufacturer hardware support in August so won't do that one. 8434DX looks to still be good even though it looks pretty old [smile]

The 8434DX is even farther end of sales than the 2400s if that's what you are making this decision on.

Is there anything current and supported in the digital with lots of keys, or is it just phones with add-ons?

Look into Phybridge PoLRE switches. You can put an IP phone 1200 feet away from the Phybridge switch on single pair of CAT3. That is the spec. We tested to 1600 successfully. That will let you use any IP phone you want. Multiple expansion modules reduces the range. I believe the smallest unit is 8 port unmanaged.

Cheers 1416 is what they have at the moment with add-ons but they don't like the psu with splitter etc. Will take a look at the IP over twisted pair we had looked into these before

All the sets the guys mentioned are rock solid. Personally we use the 9408's. Their really nice as they also train our users on how to use the 9608 sets. I place behind my remote gateways at our clinic stites. So the users are familiar on the how to's od using the sets when they start.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back