Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA Definity v11 Network Printer Issues - Savin 2555

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2008
US
Hello,

Im trying to set up a network printer on my Definity G3siv11 utilizing my CLAN board. Everything is setup correctly except in the [ change ip-services ]screen, I can't find the remote port number that is used by the Savin 2555. I also have an IBM 1372 printer that I can use as well, but cannot identify the remote port number for that either. I have tried 9000, 9001, and 9002 for both printers but keep getting printer failure message back for all of them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Do 'change node-name ip' and add an entry 'printer' with the ip address. On the 'ip-services' screen put in a line 'SYS_PRNT', enabled = y, Local Node = C-LAN name, Local Port = 0, Remote Node = 'printer', Remote Port = 9100.

Kevin

I checked my settings with the ones you have provided and they are all correct.I tried 9100 and got the same result; a printer failure message. I tried pinging each one of the above printers on the network with success. I just cannot figure out what remote port number to use. Do you know of another general default port that may work? There is very little info on this on the internet. Please advise if possible. Thanks again for the response.

Did you change the Systems Features form? On page 4 you have to put 'SYS_PRNT' for the System Printer Endpoint.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back