Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya definity g3v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriaE

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
US
I was told to remote coverage my main number (console) to my other g3v6 office, How do I set up a remote coverage to a console to go to another location, I thought I could just do a remote cov the a new cov path, but It only works on individual DID numbers. Would I have to RCF the main number via the LEC, even though it is part of my 100 block of DID's?

You can translate the incoming DDI on the trunk form to route to a number with the remote voverage path.

or

If you have a tie trunk between your offices you could use IAS?

I set up a coverage path and night service to a soft number. the Soft number is then forwarded to the main list number in the other switch. The transport between the two switches are UDP over Qsig.

Works Great
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thank you. It turned out that my main number was programmed in the PBX as a LDN. I deleted that and then put the main number in as a station and then added it to my remote coverage list and gave it a coverage path for thr R... mumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back