Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity g3r6

Status
Not open for further replies.

melben

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
We are migrating users from Definity to Cisco Call Manager. I set up an ISDN tie line and am routing calls to this Tie line via UDP tables /code 222. First I remove the station and then change the table. This way when users call into the DIDs they hit the PBX first and then if their UDP code is 222 goes to their new Cisco phone - works like a charm. However, I am haing an issue removing a couple of stations- I get an error "transient data error, try again later". I cant change the station or anything. I was thinking of a work around to push the call the my tie line with call forwarding from the physical phone but we get fast busy after we hit the 4 when keying in 673640

Group Number: 11 Group Type: isdn CDR Reports: y
Group Name: TIE TO CALL MANAGER COR: 86 TN: 1 TAC: 67
Direction: two-way Outgoing Display? y
Dial Access? y Busy Threshold: 255 Night Service:
Queue Length: 0
Service Type: tie Auth Code? n TestCall ITC: rest

transient data error, is most likely translation corruption. Call AVAYA, and bring a wheelbarrel of cash with you, $600/hour.

Mitch

Is there a difference between the other stations and the ones that are coming up with that error? there could be someone else logged in to that station and will have to log out. Also check your COS and COR or coverage paths also.

Somewhere within the Avaya software tables, something got hosed up. Avaya has to clear the tables

Check your administered buttons on the station(s) that you cannot remove and see if you have one that activates a feature for another station, (EX;Send calls XXXX)or a special feature on your station (EX:Hunt Group NS).
If you do and it is active (status the station, and physically check the phone), you may well receive a "transient data error" when trying to remove the station. Cancel the feature on the station first, then remove the feature button, Then try to remove the station.
The switch is telling you that it cannot remove the station for a reason, that reason may not be a "corruption", but the switch is unable to define the reason. (EX; "Must remove bridged appearances first").
I have seen this before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back