Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSnyder

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
I'm new to the forum, so forgive a newby question. Is there a list of the system terminal commands and there meanings posted anywhere? I'm kind of fumbling my way through at this point. While the help key gives some info, I don't always remember what aut-msg-wt, disp, or cha sta 178 translate to. No flame mail, please. I'm just trying to learn.

Mike Snyder

You should probably read the Administrator's Guide. It's huge but when you understand how to read it, you can find any command inside.
Look particularly into the "Command Reference" and "Screen Reference" chapters, they might help.

Also check for the Little Instruction Books, they are good to begin with.

All those are available on Avaya website.

Thanks, I'll give that a look. Once I'm familiar with the syntax, I'll be fine.

If you use ASA and GEDI, your options will have a brief description.

In the future everything will work...

If U have time, just press the 'help' key, and the available commands will be presented. Sometimes many pages of options. I have 'discovered' many commands that way.

Thanks to Mikey, irisngen, orypecos, NX01, and nath42. The suggestions have been great. I'm finding what I needed. I appreciate the guidance everyone.

Mike Snyder

Welcome to the Avaya world Mike. If you need anything else post here and someone will be happy to help you.

Mikey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back