Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity 3rd Party Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercas

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
US
We are looking at a callxpress voicemail system. Below is the integration guide. From looking at our licenses I know we already dont have SIP trunks as it is listed as 0. Also I believe we are on an Avaya software load of 5 as I see this in the web interface, install one of the follow releases on hard drive 05.0-00.0.825.4 .

What does it take to get on ver 6 and anyone know cost of sip trunk licenses?

Thanks

what is the reasoning for a 3rd party voicemail? easier to just purchase an intuity audix on the secondary market.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

i agree. its a product that we are familiar with

also call express is a pain doesn't play well wit a definity pbx

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

If you really really wanted to, you could probably SIP it with an Audiocodes PRI/SIP gateway. If you're at release 5, you probably don't have a Session Manager that's required in the integration note. See if they have a more generic one for Audiocodes and QSIG PRI - then you could put it on any system that has a PRI card. Either way, just adding SIP trunks on your CM isn't enough - the note is written specifically to the Session Manager in between CM and the voicemail.

also call express is a pain doesn't play well wit a definity pbx
Can you elaborate on that?
As the system I support works just fine... (CX 8 AND ACM 5.2.1 and acm 6.3)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Wouldn't the acm 6.3 have ASM with it? I thought they don't sell one w/o the other.

Not at all - you don't have to buy Session Manager. Of course, if you're in the midmarket <2400 user space, you'd probably get Midsize Enterprise with it anyway, but you can absolutely upgrade CM to 6.3 and not bring a SM into the mix. Direct SIP integration notes exist for AAM, CMM, MM, other voicemail stuff to go straight SIP to CM.

so i could probably get away with using a dialogic media gateway to my digital lines and satisfy the sip trunk requirements?

I was told by BP's that AVAYA won't support SIP integrations directly from CM, and only via ASM. We both know it works just fine. Guess that's the strongarming of pushing people to ASM.

Yes, wpetilli, there is quite the strongarm. Personally, I agree with the idea and concept of a common layer for Avaya to unify behind, and present to everything else to simplify things, and not force everything through the PBX. It seems part of a long term strategy of playing ball in the UC world and not appearing too old fashioned or too hard to tie into.

Yeah, its not really strong arming. Avaya CM just doesn't have full SIP support. Yeah, stuff does trunk to it with SIP and it supports SIP features BUT you can't customize it or make modifications. As a result, Avaya pushes SM when you need "real" SIP support. It's fair though -- like the poster above me said, Avaya is pushing SM so that you can integrate pretty much anything with anything through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back