Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA DCS, CallXpress, Trunk to Trunk Transfers..HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripvw32

MIS
Jun 3, 2004
US
Equipment:

I have an Avaya CM 3.1.2 (MAIN), connected to 2 other Avaya CM 3.1.2 (SITEs 1 and 2), via Enhanced DCS (ISDN trunks, service type TANDEM).

I have a centralized VM System, AVST CallXpress v7.8 connected to the MAIN site via an ISDN Trunk group (set to service type TIE).

There are various gateways off of the SITE 1 and SITE 2 switches, however the problem I will describe is related to the DCS connections only, not IP connections to the host switches (they experience the problem, but I believe it will only be fixed when the DCS problem is.

Problem(s):

Question #1
1.a. When dialing from within the MAIN site to the VM platform in order to retrieve your messages, you would dial the VM extension, it routes through ARS to the trunk group, and the VM system picks up. The VM system will recognize the calling extension and direct you to the "Enter your password" prompt.
1.b. When dialing in from any site connected via DCS to the MAIN site (including those gateways that are connected to the SITE 1 and 2, as they are connected back to MAIN via SITE 1 & 2 DCS) you are dropped into the open tree (Enter the extension number of the person you are trying to reach, or if you have a mailbox on this system, press #). So you press "#" then enter your extension. The system never recognizes the extension as belonging to a mailbox.
1.c. I have done a list trace on calling stations, and I get CP Name, but CP Number always reads blank. I figure it has to be how my DCS is configured, but I don't know what I am missing.

Question #2
2.a. Same system and set up as above
2.b. When trying to get the VM system to process outcalls, it only rings internal extensions(performs as designed). When trying to ring external numbers (10+ digits), it sits in limbo then disconnects. As near as I can figure it I need to get the call to transfer from the AVST trunk to any outbound trunk. I have tried ARS, AAR, thier access codes (9 and #27 respectively) followed by the number. I have tried 9s,multiple 9s, transfers, etc... It just seems like if the MAIN site sees the number "93038981234" come down the AVST trunk, the MAIN site tries to dial it as "93038" which is the correct format for an internal extension, but goes no where. I need to have it transfer from one trunk to another, with no user intervention. Trunk to Trunk transfer is set to "Y" in the switch, and as they are ISDN lines, we cannot dial thier TAC and get dial tone, even though it is enabled.

Please help me out, I must be missing somthing, but I don't know what it is.....

Question 1:

I would look at the numbering format setting on the AVST trunk group. Here is something from an Avaya config note--

"Tip: If the numbering format is set to unk-pvt then the PBX looks to the Private-Numbering Table to build the number. The network Level must be 0 and the Level 2 and 1 code blank or NO number will be sent. This is where the PBX builds the called party number for the integration. If it is set to unknown, the PBX looks at the Public-Unknown table where an entry is required to build to the number. If
there is no entry in this table to build the number, NO number is sent."

Chuck

RCT Technologies

I will look into this, a little put off by the screens I have to enter information in though. I will let you know how it goes.... Thanks again!

The "Public-unknown" numbering format was not the answer. I modified the tables to tell the swtich how to build the number, but it still does not send the CP-Number accross the Tie Lines..... Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back