Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya D100 Base Won't Connect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewNapa

Technical User
Sep 23, 2020
US
Hello guys, I've been digging around the forums here trying to figure out how to get a D100 base that I recently purchased two of second hand, to work on our Avaya system. I followed the instructions as far as setting up a Line/User/Extension in IP Office Manager and set it to DHCP for the IP Config part of the base. I can register my D160 to the base but the phone always says No Config when we try to use it. Also, when I go to System Status in IP Office, it can't detect the base's Firmware version, so I know it's not seeing it.

I couldn't connect to the Web Interface when hooking it up to our normal network switches that the Avaya is on along with our computer that can access IP Office, so I factory reset the base a few times now by holding the registration button and putting a pin into the reset hole. I then took the base and hooked it up to our wireless router and told the router to assign a static IP to it via the MAC address to the default IP address of 192.168.1.100 and eventually I could finally connect to the Web Interface. I then changed the settings in the web interface from the information that was in there still even after having factory reset it several times, to DHCP.

I then put it onto the network again that the Avaya IP Office computer and Avaya system was on and tried to get it to connect again with no success. I tried to access the Web Interface from the computer and couldn't get it to connect to it either. It seems the only time I can access the Web Interface is when I plug it into a router that assigns it a static IP and even then when I save the setting for DHCP, it doesn't seem to work right once on the network.

Your system had 2 combo cards installed, they would have supplied the VCM channels required for IP Telephony. The next item you would require is a Avaya IP endpoint. In your License tab you only had the Essential license. By ordering a VCM card V1, it would create virtual endpoints that is needed. The next thing required, is because your IPO is a 8.1, you would need the base to be a hardware version of 1.0, which you confirmed. The last step is to properly program the IPO,You would set your file server type to Memory card, make sure the SIP register is enabled on the Lan port you are connected to. Create the extension and user. When the base downloads it firmware, you will have a steady solid green lamp on it. Put the base in registration mode, blue lamp flash's on base. The blue lamp is dimmer on the 1.0. Press register on the handset. Press the default soft key. It will then prompt you for your extension, then password.

Perfect, thank you very much again. Planning ahead obviously since I haven't installed the VCM Card yet and probably should just wait to ask more questions until that happens but you mentioned the base downloading the Firmware from IP Office Manager to get the solid green light. If the Web Management page of the D100 currently shows the same firmware as the newest available via IP Office and won't upgrade or download because of which, will that be an issue?

The D100 base gets it firmware from the Memory card, you may have already downloaded the firmware into the base. Ether way it will come up if you already have and done all the programming correctly,added the ip endpoint license or if you have not and set the file server to Memory card, it will then download it's firmware from the memory card.

Thank you again. I finally went ahead and purchased the VCM card and it's on the way. My last question is about safely powering down the Avaya System to install the card when it comes. I know I've seen the option to Reboot after saving a configuration change, but I'm not sure I know how to go ahead and safely turn it off and then to start it back up again after I'm finished.

Okay so I went ahead and installed the new VCM card and then powered back up the IP Office system. I was hoping the base would then download the configuration files automatically and it would start working since I already had the IP and information set up for the base before installing the card. Is there now another step I should do to get the base to connect to the Ip Office system so the cordless phones won't say "No Service"?

In system status, under the D100 base, do you see the IP of the base? If not its connected.

You did enable SIP registrar and confirmed after logging out and back in this setting is still enabled?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Yep so SIP registrar has been enabled for quite awhile, I believe even prior to attempting to install the D100 base for some reason. I've confirmed that it is still enabled and when I go into system status, it does not show the current firmware version and shows the IP address as all 0's, so no it's definitely not connected. I was able to access the D100 base's Web Configuration page via the IP address that I assigned it manually through the Web Management page prior, and its the same IP address that I put for the D100 base's IP Configuration in the IP Office Manager program.

So I installed the new VCM 32 card as instructed to gain virtual Endpoint licenses, since all I had prior was the Essential Edition license, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything as far as trying to connect the base to the IP Office yet. I've used the Web Management page to reboot the D100 base, hoping that it would then connect but it still doesn't appear to have changed.

Using the web interface for the D100 can you upgrade the firmware?

I wish I could, but when I go to check for a firmware update in the D100's web interface, it shows that the current version on the D100 is the same version as on the IP Office system and so it won't allow for any updates. It shows the version as being D100_0.9.6_0.9.6

So I've looked at all my settings, I've done everything I'm supposed to as laid out. I can connect to the D100 via the Web Management page but I can't get the thing no matter what to try to connect to the IP Office, even with Avaya Endpoint Licenses now. I can't force the darn thing to update it's firmware because it says it's already running the newest firmware. Should I just try to hook it up to the WAN port and try to use it on LAN2 instead? I don't get what the problem would be if I can see the D100 via the Web Management page, why the heck can't I get the darn thing to connect on the same network.

Okay so I went ahead and watched a view more videos online for the D100. I could access the D100's web management page on my company's network, which is sort of like a VPN because it's after the VPN box which then goes through the Napa network, which is what the Avaya IP Office Manager is hooked up to and the phones. I then unplugged the network cable to the D100 and then held down the reset button with a paperclip and while doing that I plugged back in the ethernet cable, allowing it to put the D100 into maintenance mode, which I then logged into the D100's web management page and it showed the firmware as being d100-M-M, allowing me to redownload the firmware from the IP Office.

Hoping that would do the trick, after watching it download all the files on the IP Monitor, I kept checking and refreshing System Status and still seen no IP Address or firmware version for the base in System Status. I then tried to go ahead and set IP Office Manager's line for the SIP Dect Base to DHCP instead of assigning it an IP manually, because I have no idea what IP address it's assigning the D100 when it does that and I lose access to the web management page. After saving the config on IP Office Manager to DHCP, I was then unable to access the D100 via web management, which meant it somehow told it to switch to DHCP mode. Even that did nothing as far as showing an IP address and firmware version in the System Status page and the cordless phone still said No Service.

When I make a change to the IP address settings via the Web Management page, the IP Office Manager ends up sending it information that changes it back shortly there after to what I had in IP Office Manager instead of on the D100 Web Management page. Subsequently if I make a change in IP Office Manager to the IP Address settings for the SIP Dect Line, it ends up sending the information to the D100 shortly after, so when I access the Web Management page I can see the changes. So why on earth won't System Status show the IP Address and Firmware for the bases in the information there and obviously not supply service to the phones? I definitely installed the VCM32 card right, it lights up and under licenses now I have Avaya IP Endpoint licenses now, which I didn't have before.

The fact you can download the firmware from maintenance mode means the base is communicating with the IP Office. I know I asked... but you are 100% sure the SIP registrar is enabled on the interface you are connecting to with the D100? If you are using the WAN port to connect to the D100 having SIP registrar enabled on the LAN port won't help... Also make 100% sure the MAC address in the SIP DECT line is correctly matched to the D100 base.

Yes, it's enabled on Lan 1 and Lan 2. It gives me a Sip Registrar settings tab on both that's not there when disabled. At this point I would gladly take screenshots or list what the logs say, I just don't know what else to do. I have 2 different D100 bases and have tried hooking one up to Lan 1 and one to Lan 2 using the WAN port and I just don't know what else to do. And yes I've triple verified the MAC addresses in IP Office with their web management page.

Ya if you can take screenshots of the DECT line, the D100 web page, the SIP DECT extension and the user

FINALLY GOT IT!!! I was getting ready to take a bunch of screenshots and was reading the IP Monitor log again, knowing that the darn thing is downloading the files from the server and just not understanding at all why it wouldn't work then. So I was reading through other forum posts again as usual, some people having problems upgrading their firmware and were talking about deleting D100settings.txt files and other files from the SD Card. Couldn't figure out how to access the SD Card and then I seen "Embedded File Management" on IP Office Manager and that seemed to get me into the SD Card, where I went to Primary and deleted the D100settings.txt file there. After I did that I went back into IP Manager for Configuration and checked System Status and it now shows the base's IP Address and the cordless phone finally works. Thank you guys so much for your help, what a pain in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back