Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CS 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommytelco

Programmer
Dec 21, 2017
US
Hello all, my site is in the process of changing over to a new 911 carrier. The problem is that I am still learning on the CS1000 and picking up a lot of information for Tek Tips. I need to know where you would find the PSTN number for the system and how is it changed? I have the old number but I'm not sure where or how to find it. Thanks

you will have to get with your carrier ATT, Sprint, who ever supplies you with dial tone. go get the phone bill.

Trason
thanks for the reply but they are telling me that the number is in the phone system and that is where it is change to point at them. So much fun

911 could be just routed through BARS as an SPN or they could be using the ESA_Data_Block. BARS is LD 90 and the ESA data block is LD 24

ok, so you are trying to change how the outside world sees your call id?

Trason

no we are changing from 911etc to West ERS and the have to change a number in the phone system. They are calling it a PSTN number which sends 911 calls.

Once again, you need to look in LD 90 or the ESA_Data Block to see how 911 is routed and what digits are sent out to the PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back