Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Contact Store call recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

msalhany

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2008
US
Hello all, We have an IPOffice 412 and I'm having problems getting Contact Store (just installed) to record all calls using the Voice Recording Library (Auto). It records a few but not all. It still records all calls to the designated vm account (the old way of just dumping the wav files into that vm account. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

so you have it set up in the user tab under voice recording, with the manual and auto recording mailbox ticked for VRL?

Either that or remember to record you are using VM ports. If you have a large number of users on the phone they could just be using all ports.

If your on 4 check VM port utilization on SSA.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

another way to check that would be set it to mandatory. you wont even get a call going if you are using all your ports

Can you provide a link to the SSA tools as I cannot find a download?

need to be using version 4 or 4.1 it installs as part of the admin suite.

Here's the thing, if I select to record hunt group calls for the helpdesk it works fine until we have a reception overflow call to the helpdesk. The call is recorded to the helpdesk vm (weird) and our e-mail alert tells us that the call was abandoned. It wasn't abandoned by the helpdesk group and the report reflects no drops for helpdesk. Anyone see this type of behavior before? I'm thinking about rebooting the phone servers and the switch tonight.

I'm recording VRL for helpdesk hunt groups only but I'm still having the issue with overflow reception calls to our helpdesk. It records the reception call and alerts the helpdesk group of an abandon and saves that call in the helpdesk vm. I'm stumped!! Any insight is appreciated.

It depends on what version you are on
So what version are you on ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

We are using IPOffice Manager v 5.2 & Contact Store v 7.2.09

In 4.0 and higher the way of working is changed with groups
Read tech bulletin 80 about this and decide if you want to upgrade or not

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I feel stupid. All I had to do was create another hunt group w/out voicemail enabled and add the helpdesk members and make that the new reception overflow group. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back