Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusandEdie

Programmer
Sep 10, 2008
US
We have a number of users working from home using this application. When they are on a call talking a second incoming call alerts in their headset. They are members of a longest waiting hunt group. I thought that type of group didn't allow a second call. Is there a way to disable any new call alert until they are finished with their existing call?

Server Edition 11.0

Thank you

A way around that as well is deleting one of the lines from their extension. So that way one line will be designated for calls while the other is designated for transferring calls. If another call comes in while they're on the phone, the call will either go straight to voicemail or whatever destination you have set in the "Forward No Answer" field for their extension. That's how I've handled it in the past and it seems to work well.

I have made sure call waiting is off and I have also removed call appearances leaving only one. If they are actively on a call a second call will still alert them.

Do they have a button in their user programming to monitor the hunt group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back