Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Comminicator issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
IPO SE 9.1.

This is 1st time installing the new softphone/ Communicator and I am guessing I am missing something simple. I have one x portal and Avaya communicator configured and working on customers network. The issue I have is when I try to use Communicator outside the office and am not connected to a VPN but using a public IP to try logging in. It will not.
I can log in with One X portal no problem using public IP. I think it is a port/firewall issue but wanted to ask if there anything special other than having port 5060 or 5061 forward to the Ip Office to make it work? I am going through docs but, nothing jumping out at me.

any help is appreciated.

Do yourself a favour

Get that IP Office of the public IP address NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed or the customer will jump out at you and beat you around the head with the newly hacked phone bill.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

He didn't say that it is on the public IP just that he uses the public IP to lo in. Port forwarding etc.
But having that said, no idea why it will not work.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi is correct about the public IP address. System is not on public IP.

Configure as though you are using one-x mobile and it will work.

| ACSS SME |

Did you enable sip remote extension in the system lan voip tab?

I do suggest to check what Okkie26 said..

Check the SIP Remote extension option enabled.

One x mobile works with no problem. But using same settings for communicator does not work.
SIP Remote extension is enabled.

Is there a difference where One X mobile app and Communicator register. One X mobile registers to the One x Portal server. Does Communicator register to One X portal server or where user is created? So if a user resides on an IP500 does communicator register to IP500 or One X server?

What does monitor say?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Yes correct range of RTP ports are forwarded to IPO

Split DNS?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Okay, then you need to start looking at the traffic to see the requests and responses at each end. There is a chapter in the ASBCE guide that shows the typical traffic for one-X Mobile and one-X Communicator apps as they request various bits of information:
Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Excellent information.. I will look this over Thanks

Why split DNS if it is a Server Edition, only one DNS is required.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back