Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CMS Trace Report Inquiry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanT4

Technical User
Nov 26, 2019
US
I use Avaya CMS working in a Workforce Management department for a call center. I run trace reports on agents and there's a "RING" line that we've always believed to be the time the call comes into out switch and gets to the agent, delivers the whisper prompt, dings, and the call is live. When the agents have their headset button on it "rings" for 0-5 seconds, any time it's more than that it's 6+ seconds.
Recently my boss is not content with just knowing it's 0-5 seconds, he wants to know WHY it's 0-5 seconds. Also what actual time/process do those seconds cover. 5 seconds is certainly much longer than needed to deliver the whisper prompt. Also, the time it comes into out switch and figures out where to go should really be fairly instant.
Does anyone have any insight into what's covered in the "RING" line and why it varies between 0-5 seconds?
Assuming I've explained this properly, I'm not a programmer, just a user.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bb9dcff5-603b-4d31-b2b9-b61de90fe798&file=trace_inquiry.PNG
The first thing that comes to mind is that your CMS realtime report that you are watching is not actual "real time" but is a snapshot of what the queue status is at the millisecond that CMS system generates the report for your screen. That report then refreshes (takes a new snapshot of queue status) at the interval you specified when you started the report up. It is not actually updating when the call status changes, it updates according to the refresh timer.

You could engage your phone system administrator to do a live trace right on the CM phone system to see what the actual time to process and deliver a call is but I suspect that time will be much quicker.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. This isn't a real-time report I'm looking at. It's the Historical>Trace by location. It only shows activity that is complete, won't show the status they're in at the time of pulling the report. I included a screenshot of the report if that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back