Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Cms script/task scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olan263

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2013
US
Hello everyone, I've been appointed to take over the phone systems for my company and have been doing ok so far but I've hit another bump. I wrote a script in Avaya cms and I would like to have it run automatically using task scheduler but i can not get it to run. I keep getting these errors
"Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{2d232177-86e8-4f34-a35b-dd4fdd4bc473}" of "\Yesterday" task for user "" . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942405." When I run the script it works and puts the report in the correct place but when I run it with task scheduler it doesn't work. I've googled the error code but I don't understand it completely.

Are you using Windows 7 - 64 Bit?

Avaya document SPLN264677 states:

Since Avaya CMS Supervisor is a 32-bit application, user must modify the script so that the Task Scheduler executes the script as a 32-bit application.

Perform the following steps:
1. Open Task Scheduler.
2. Open the task with the Supervisor script and select Properties to edit it.
3. Select the Actions tab.
4. Select the script and select Edit.
5. Modify the Program/script box by adding the following line at the start:

%systemroot%Syswow64cmd.exe /C “ ”

Example:

%systemroot%Syswow64cmd.exe /C “C:UserscmsDesktop est1.acsauto"

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

I tried that but now I'm getting this error Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{bfff9f95-902b-4592-8b3d-0785f8ee1692}" of "\Yesterday" task for user. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

I checked into the error and it has something to do with when the task runs and expires and I change the expiration time by about a minute and I still get the same error. I'm thinking windows 7 and cms don't like playing together.

Before I found the solution that I posted, the only way I got it to play nice was to create a .bat file that would launch the scripted report file. I would then point the task manager to launch the .bat file instead.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Thanks for your help, I was able to create a bat file and now it works somewhat. I'm reading that schedule tasks hasn't been working the same since windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back