Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CMS Error: -28002 General Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestfx

Technical User
Mar 8, 2013
US
I have a user getting the error message -28002 General Failure. Location REngine:main:1. In order to resolve they have to restart CMS and it seems to clear and run ok. Has anyone seen this before or know a fix to keep this from happening? We are running CMS Supervisor R16 if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

midwestfx

Have you tried deleting the CVS_Cache.tmp file?

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

I haven't. But I will. Thanks!

midwestfx

I went in and deleted the CVS_Cache.tmp file from the users computer and after starting the machine back up today she got the same error message. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

midwestfx

Re-register all dll's and ocx's in the Windows folder using the following command from the command prompt:
FOR %a IN (c:\winnt\system32\*.dll,c:\winnt\system32\*.ocx) DO c:\winnt\system32\regsvr32.exe /s %a

(change path if necessary of course)

We have been told by Avaya that this a know issue with the current version of CMS Supervisor. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

- midwestfx

What version of CMS are you running?

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Stinney,

We are running 16.03.021.

- midwestfx

There is a 16.3.22 CMS Supervisor version out there.

CMS Supervisor 17 is out now and is backwards compatible. You might want to try it and see if it resolves the issue.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back