Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CMS (any version) - Data sample request 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeV1973

Programmer
Aug 21, 2015
GB
Hi all,

I've been tasked with pulling data out of the hsplit table in CMS, to supplement the data coming out of an rt-socket realtime feed. The issue is the rt-socket data keeps going on the fritz due to the client's "interesting" VM infrastructure, not that they'd admit that... and I need a way of "recovering" it back to normal.

I don't have an Avaya, let alone a CMS, and I don't have access to one (the client is 1/2 way around the world, and is a bank - so everything's locked down tighter than the tightest thing you could ever imagine...), otherwise i'd just grab it from them.

Would some kindly soul be willing to post here (or send me) a sample of data from the hsplit table? I'm going to be accessing it via ODBC, I will be pulling out a single day's worth of data (in fact, when the system is running, I'll be pulling only the "next interval", but I need to understand the way the data is formatted and held so I can write that query in a way that won't kill CMS stone dead). If it would be possible to have a single day, single skill, all intervals (or at least a half dozen concurrent intervals), that would be really really appreciated.

As a supplementary question - if there's no activity on a skill for a complete interval, does CMS write a load of zeros? Or does it just not write a record for that skill/interval?

Many thanks in advance!

(PS: I'll take the data in whatever format you've got - csv, Excel, punch card, core memory... :D)

All the CMS table structures and data formats are in this document:

The data will be in whatever format you export it from your ODBC connection.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Thanks, useful document that one (I seem to have all of the others...)

It would still be nice to have some sample data to "touch and feel" as it were. Otherwise I'm risking having to put totally untried code into a production environment which is highly intolerant of failure.

If you're going to have ODBC then just use Toad or something similar to just do a simple query like:

Select * from hsplit where ROW_DATE = "7/21/2016" and STARTTIME = 1000

This will pull all the data items from the hsplit table for today for the interval starting at 10:00am.

This should be a small enough sample of data to give you what you need.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Ah, but as I said in my OP, I don't have access to the client's CMS... nor is there any chance whatsoever of being allowed to access it.

Make sure you understand what their interval is (15 min, 30 min) so you can write your code/query to pull from the last interval. Also, don't try to pull the data right at the interval (7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45) You need to give it time to write to the database, 5 min or so.

- Stinney

jfh9219 - many thanks, that's exactly what I need.

Stinney - Yeah, I know the interval is configurable, I see this all the time in rt-socket data, but this is the first time I've had to go looking in the ODBC data. Appreciate you wouldn't have known I already knew that though, so thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back