Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM6 web interface down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjenuine

Technical User
Jun 19, 2019
US
So, this morning I found that I couldn't log into the web interface, instead, my browser returned "Unrecoverable processing error occurred", no matter the IP address or username/pwd. The internet tells me it's because there's a log file(s) full. The internet, this site especially, tells me that I can use Putty or Winscp, but I need the root or sroot login, but nothing is letting me get very far. I can get Winscp and Putty to connect using admin/admin01, but clerk/clerk01 won't work. Using admin/admin01 and Putty, I can type "su root" or "su sroot" or "root" or "sroot" and it asks for "Response" (asumming it means root password) but nothing I enter works.

I'm willing to pull the plug to do a hard reset, but I'd rather not. I'd like to delete the logs that are causing my problem, or, execute a Linux command to gracefully reboot the server. Any ideas? I have ASA access, but I think the reset option that I can execute are just for the G650s and not the actual server.

Customers dont have root access to CM. Is the CM duplex? If so go to the standby server and interchange.

No stand-by or fail-over of any kind to use. Hard power-down of the server fixed my issue this morning. Now I can at least start to figure out what logs are filling up and try to prevent this in the future.
Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back