Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM v3.1 Vector Queue Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smcguigan

Technical User
Jun 25, 2014
US
I have a vector that is used for our Centralized Scheduling department that uses an ACD with 2 agents. When a caller calls in the hear a general announcement and then the vector checks to see if there are any available agents in queue. If there are none available then it routes to another vector then plays another announcement to ask the caller if they would like to wait on the line or leave a voicemail. If they decide to wait, they hear 30 seconds of on hold music and then get routed back. The problem I am having is trying to route the caller back to the queue. I can only point the caller back to the main greeting which they have already heard when they first called in. I need to know if there is a way with our version of Communication Managaer/Aura system if it is possible to put the call back in the queue without having the caller hear the main greeting all over again? Thanks.

01 goto step 2 if unconditionally
02 goto step 16 if holiday in table 2
03 goto step 14 if time-of-day is sat 00:00 to sun 23:59
04 goto step 14 if time-of-day is all 17:00 to all 08:00
05 announcement 1055
06 queue-to split 110 pri m
07 goto step 8 if available-agents in split 110 = 0
08 goto vector 46 @step 1 if unconditionally
09 stop

Vector 46 (Step 08 above)
01 collect 1 digits after announcement 1043
02 route-to number 1064 with cov y if digit = 1
03 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
04 goto vector 10 @step 1 if unconditionally
05 stop

change step 4 of vector 46 to
04 goto vector 10 @ step 6 if unconditionally

This is poorly written. Step 7 true sends calls to step 8 via the goto step. If step 7 is false, it goes to the next step which is also step 8. It goes to step 8 either way. Assuming the caller wants to wait in queue and goes back to the original vector, the call will immediately bounce back to vector 46 anyway if no one is available yet. Also, why have 2 vectors to begin with?

Perhaps remove steps 7-9 in the 1st vector and replace them with steps 1 through 3 of the 2nd vector. Make the last step a goto back to the "collect 1 digits" step.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back