Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM Logins creating "has data locked" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vstarrosie

Programmer
Apr 24, 2012
US
Here's a good one for you all...with many login accounts created in Communication Manager it's enevitable that someone will perform a "change" command and lock everyone else out from making changes or even adding anything. I know how to boot that offender out of their command, but I also know that there is a way to ALLOW these login accounts to make simultaneous changes and adds. But I can't for the life of me remember where that permission is. Is it in Customer Options, is it within the settings of the Account profiles? I know it can be done. Can someone help guide me to the right location?

thanks

I'm surprised I had NO replies on this subject at all.
I would appreciate a little input if possile!
someone out there must have an answer to this question!!!

To the best of my knowledge, that which you seek, is not atainable.

**The question may not be the technology, but the competency of the support people.**

Clarify your question as to what you are trying to do. Any login can make mutliple commands/changes, there is nothing to set. Open 2 sessions and you can make 2 different changes.

-CL

If I'm logged in as my log in account and others are logged in as themselves, and one login performs, let's say, "change station XXXXX"...and I want to perform a "change (whatever)"...the first login performing the "change" command lockes everyone else out from the change command. I can list anything, display anything but can't change anything while someone else is in the "change" command.

That's a system limitation based on your specific hardware/software and the type of changes being made. There is nothing to work around the system limitation.

-CL

ok..so we're stuck with being "locked out" of making changes at the same time.

I could swear in an earlier life I was on a system that was altered to allow for simultaneous changes. OH well....

It's based on the platform. Maybe your past life was a G3R where I think the limit was 8 changes. There were still some changes which would conflict (i.e. changing the same station at the same time). Find out what hardware/software you're on to research your exact limitations but whatever you find, you're not going to be able to change what it is.

-CL

for what its worth this is an issue if someone is in a command and does not logout of SSA correctly.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

if you do a 'status login' it will show you who is logged in and if they are in a command what that command is. There is also an ID field at the very end. To kick someone off. you do 'reset login x' X = the ID number in the status command

Thank you for all your input and replies. All very good information...especially the capacities documentation. I thought I had that doc downloaded, but didn't. Very good information. I guess I'll just have to watch for the potential for being locked out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back